GPS watch with music

1 watcher
Oct 2016
5:47pm, 6 Oct 2016
857 posts
  •  
Mick the slug
Well I don't really want music but I'm looking for a decent GPS watch that I can run with and listen to podcasts at the same time without taking my phone or a separate mp3 player. What would Fetchies recommend?
Oct 2016
9:17am, 24 Oct 2016
858 posts
  •  
Mick the slug
Does anyone have a TomTom Runner or Spark watch. It has a music function so just checking that San be used to listen to podcasts?
Oct 2016
9:18am, 24 Oct 2016
859 posts
  •  
Mick the slug
It not San!
Oct 2016
9:25am, 24 Oct 2016
1,170 posts
  •  
larkim
I'd imagine that the faff of getting music across to your watch is probably more unappealing than carrying a phone around.

FWIW I've had a damascene conversion on headphone wearing this last couple of weeks - after about 4 years of no headphones, I've used them a couple of times on long slow runs to relieve the boredom.

The big change for me was using a "flipbelt" to store my phone in (http://flipbelt.co.uk/). With a headphone cable running under my t-shirt and the phone securely stored in the belt in my lower back it is a complete non-hassle to have the phone with me compared to trying to store it in a pocket or on an arm band.

I'd run with the phone on me for "emergency" use and sometimes to let my watch do "live tracking" if I was running a long way from home and it really is completely unnoticeable, and my first experiment with wired headphones surprised me how hassle free it was with the phone carried there. No bouncing around, cables getting pulled out of ears or tied up in my arms when running.

I know that's not what you asked (!), but I'm a convert so I shall preach the good news!!
Oct 2016
9:27am, 24 Oct 2016
1,171 posts
  •  
larkim
[Just to clarify, I'm not going all headphones - just on LSRs!]

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mick the slug
Well I don't really want music but I'm looking for a decent GPS watch that I can run with and list...