Running tights for those with long legs

2 watchers
Oct 2020
12:21am, 19 Oct 2020
11,893 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
This is a perennial issue.

Short people are catered for. Tall people are not supposed to run in long tights according to most manufacturers.

I've found the decathlon own brand ones ok, but still about 1" short.

Nike and Adidas were uselessly short.

I've got a good pair of very warm ronhill ones for when it's beast from the east -20 level, but even they don't fit around the ankles unless I'm wearing my waterproof socks (as they're thicker).

And I don't particularly like flappy ankles.

The absolute best I've had that really do mostly fit me properly are a pair of craft ones, because being Swedish, they're used to talk, relatively slim people.

The only issue with them is that the pair I've got of craft tights do tend to sag in the crotch area after a bit. Which is also annoying. But this is also a common issue I have with most pairs of tights (although not the decathlon ones tbf).

I remain on the lookout for decent fitting, long enough tights.
Oct 2020
12:22am, 19 Oct 2020
11,894 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
And v'rap - £40 for *those* tights??? :-O

Actually £40 for tights in general?? :-O
SPR
Oct 2020
12:38am, 19 Oct 2020
32,043 posts
  •  
SPR
I might get a pair of the trail blazers ones on Vrap's link as a go faster day tight, lol.

It sounds like I should have bought loads of the Nike ones I have now a few years back. They've lasted about 10 years I think and they've only started coming apart at a seam on the leg where if it had just been a simple stitch seem, they'd still be going strong.
Oct 2020
10:11am, 19 Oct 2020
49,269 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
The Trailblazers are Adam Holland's design so they must be fast ;)
Oct 2020
8:40pm, 24 Oct 2020
5,396 posts
  •  
Dai Bank
Before being put in more severe lockdown and forbidden to buy non-essentials I bought a pair of Asics winter tights that still have an inch or more leglength to spare but the sizing is weird for me. In Adidas I am L but in Asics I seem to be XL! They have a goodly long waist lace so do up tight, might be worth looking at SPR.
Bought from the local Asics outlet so reasonably priced.
Oct 2020
10:07am, 25 Oct 2020
352 posts
  •  
Shades
I've always found Asics tights to be generous in leg length and a good fit.

I don't look at adidas stuff any more as seems to be oversized. I'm not that small but their smallest size is way too big for me and a poor fit, that's in tops, not risked buying any tights as I like a snug fit especially for tights.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPR
A few years ago Nike did longer length tights (Size LT instead of L). They don't anymore from w...