Restless Legs help please

4 watchers
Dec 2014
8:06pm, 9 Dec 2014
2,769 posts
  •  
run free
RLS used to interrupt my sleep. Found like DW - keeping them cooler helps + drinking water. I asked the neurologist about this indicating a form of dehydration or something. He dismissed it. However I have observed that when am dehydrated I am more prone to RLS.
Jan 2015
1:35pm, 1 Jan 2015
5 posts
  •  
Chell
Since being pregnant 12 years ago, it's not so much RLS that I suffered with but it's close relation, hot feet. It's exactly the same issues as RLS (I have had that in the past too) keeping me up half the night etc. Anyhow I read on a forum somewhere that many runners suffer with RLS or hot feet and is linked to low calcium. I take calcium with magnesium supplements, and if I forget to take them for a couple of days, then I'm up in the night.
Jan 2015
4:03pm, 1 Jan 2015
1,057 posts
  •  
Fitz
Thanks for the tip, Chell.
Mar 2017
7:14pm, 10 Mar 2017
717 posts
  •  
Flatlander
I came across this thread from a link on another thread.

Chell has touched on a possible cause. Magnesium deficiency is responsible for many symptoms, including those that affect muscles, such as RLS. Magnesium is important in the correct functioning of the ParaThyroid gland which is responsible for the production of ParaThyroid Hormone (PTH) which regulates the absorption of Calcium from the intestines.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by pinkladykat
i have suffred with this for yr . and i use to have a banana every night and it would help or i just...