Running again after stress reaction

1 watcher
Apr 2016
9:40am, 30 Apr 2016
14,941 posts
  •  
hellen
I was diagnosed (following MRI) with stress reaction in my hip flexors and thighs.

I have rested since then and been seeing Physio. When I am not running it is only the left hip flexor which gives me any bother and it has only been very mild.

On Thursday when I saw the Physio he said that as the hip flexor is now feeling ok with my cross training I can try a gentle jog. He said if I get pain or if it hurts after I should give it 24 hours before I try again.

Yesteday I tried a few little jogs on my walk (4x2min). I felt something there but not pain. It was very mild it was hardly there. I'm wondering as it was not pain is it ok? Is it in my head because I am paranoid about it? Is it normal to feel 'something' when you start back or should you be feeling nothing at all.

This morning I can again feel something but I think it is my glute (which has been quite tight). I want it to be right but I don't want to damage myself and I don't want to over rest through paranoia either !!

So I'm not getting pain but I'm feeling something which I can't describe. What is normal to feel?!
Apr 2016
1:00pm, 30 Apr 2016
9,752 posts
  •  
richmac
Coming back after an injury always causes paranoia. Feeling ' something ' is normal you've not run for a while, it's all waking back up while you've been crossing training you have used different muscles which have become more dominant than your running muscle's so it all needs to settle down again and find it's place.

Follow the fizz's advice have a day between runs for a while, but you will I'm afraid be paranoid for a long v while yet.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
I was diagnosed (following MRI) with stress reaction in my hip flexors and thighs.

I have rested ...