Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Red Start - Half Mile longer?

3 watchers
Apr 2018
4:17pm, 23 Apr 2018
11 posts
rodeoflip
I'm normally really good at following the racing line - I'm a lazy sod and don't want to run any further than I have to, easier than learning to run faster. I ran 26.8 miles yesterday from the green start, but I made a conscious decision yesterday to stick to the shadier side of the road where this was possible, and I reckon this was the extra mileage.
I agree that anywhere with trees, high buildings, etc. means that GPS loses accuracy, though.
Apr 2018
4:48pm, 23 Apr 2018
4510 posts
larkim
rodeoflip - have a read through my maths and I suspect you'll realise missing the racing line didn't add 0.6m to your distance - it'll be GPS errors accounting for 95% of that difference.
Apr 2018
5:46pm, 24 Apr 2018
3783 posts
57.5 Degrees of Pain
I measured 42.8 off blue (using a maximum shade strategy). I think the course measurement was way off as each 5km split felt longer than the last, and took me more and more time... ;-).

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by willdowney
So I appreciate that with weaving and not following the race line it will be quite rare that someone...