Recommend me something I should listen to

3 watchers
Aug 2017
6:14pm, 14 Aug 2017
13,135 posts
  •  
mulbs
I work with Amazon Prime Music in the background and I've run out of inspiration.

What do YOU listen to?
Aug 2017
6:39pm, 14 Aug 2017
1,833 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
I channel my inner John Peel, so it can be pretty varied.
Umm, let's try:
- Drink with God by 3 Daft Monkeys

- Waitrose Rap by Goldie Lookin Chain

- Suburban Home by Descendents
- Helena by The Misfits
- Pro Gen - 666 Edit by The Shamen
- Well Everybody's F** In a UFO by Rob Zombie
- Robin Hood by Beans On Toast
- Lee's Tune by Ferocious Dog
- Gold Teeth (Acapella) by Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip
- I Wanna Rock - Live by Twisted Sister

From today's shuffle on Spotify...
Aug 2017
7:01pm, 14 Aug 2017
14,044 posts
  •  
Dvorak
If I'm putting something background on it's generally from YouTube - I seem to have been playing a lot from Du matin au soir - a lot of ambient/electronica (some vintage)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB1Lm9ujxXtq4usSNDwHYA

In a similar vein, Nils Frahm, Explosions in the Sky, Oval, RememberRemember, Errors, Emeralds.

Or some rave playlist.
Aug 2017
7:03pm, 14 Aug 2017
13,136 posts
  •  
mulbs
Thanks both, that's me sorted for a day or so, much appreciated.
Keep em coming
Aug 2017
7:13pm, 14 Aug 2017
12,940 posts
  •  
HowFar?
The Ibiza prom from the BBC is on YouTube- that's good.

Dexter Britain is excellent for some instrumental film soundtrack style stuff

Early albums by The Wedding Present are lively jangly guitar

Anything by James or The Airborne Event
Aug 2017
12:20am, 16 Aug 2017
14,058 posts
  •  
Dvorak
How has your musical day been? Actually, when I wrote EITS above I was thinking of A Winged Victory For The Sullen. Though I do have the former playing right now. American Mogwai. Another source is Boiler Room. Pretty techno oriented, but with some variety in the concert stuff. Also a lot of Radio One Essential Mixes are on Soundcloud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDtW-WdYj-E
Aug 2017
9:57am, 16 Aug 2017
12,942 posts
  •  
HowFar?
Some interesting cover versions are sometimes a good way to get through the working day.

Post Modern Jukebox is good for some 30s - 60s reworkings of a wide variety of stuff

I also really enjoy a lot of Scala and Kolacny Brothers' versions of things.
Aug 2017
10:08am, 16 Aug 2017
13,137 posts
  •  
mulbs
My listening day is much improved by exploring some different avenues thanks Dvorak.

I'm treating it a bit like Countdown - so one from the top, two from the middle etc. rather than working through any one list of suggestions in order.

Isn't Fetch a wonderful thing?
Aug 2017
10:25am, 16 Aug 2017
12,944 posts
  •  
HowFar?
I just spotted a mistake in my earlier post. It should be The Airborne Toxic Event. They have a series of videos on YouTube called the bombastic sessions which are acoustic versions of their own songs.

While I'm here I'll also add First Aid Kit to the mix, and, if you like them then Joseph is a group made up of three sisters from America who might also appeal.
Aug 2017
10:51am, 16 Aug 2017
13,138 posts
  •  
mulbs
HowFar? Thanks for that, and yes, I love First Aid Kit so will look at Joseph.

This morning so far has been Explosions In The Sky. It's been perfect for the job I'm doing. I spend different period of the day requiring different levels of concentration, so I can't listen to something that I want to sing along to unless I'm doing the grunt work just finishing up, another reason why having a variety of things to dip in and out of is wonderful.

I've got a whole load of fall back stuff that I depend on but it's so good to have new things to explore :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by mulbs
I work with Amazon Prime Music in the background and I've run out of inspiration.

What do YO...