Pseuds' Corner - have you got Pseud?

7 watchers
Feb 2016
6:48pm, 12 Feb 2016
20,539 posts
  •  
halfpint
I'm sure I read an article about her in a Sunday paper once which was awash with pretension.
Feb 2016
7:47pm, 12 Feb 2016
11,377 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Perhaps Ms Swinton is so complicated that it's impossible for most people to properly understand her. Like gravitational waves. Her performance may indeed be moving into the realms of quantum acting.

I feel that for her next film, it may be one which she wants to do, but this time, without actually attending on set. If that can be accommodated, it will be quantum acting at a distance.
Feb 2016
10:02pm, 12 Feb 2016
7,975 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Hmmm - I'm not saying she didn't make a good White Witch, but at the end of the day, it was still a Disney film - get over yourself Tilds!
Feb 2016
10:43pm, 12 Feb 2016
21,580 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Dvorak, you are so right. Her non-appearance in The Revenant was amazing.
Feb 2016
11:07pm, 12 Feb 2016
11,378 posts
  •  
Dvorak
One of her best, some say. Nuanced but with lightly fruity overtones. Like a young Gamay, or Richard Burton.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
I like the Pseuds' Corner feature in Private Eye magazine, which highlights people - usually actors...