RIP Christine McVie

2 watchers
Dec 2022
10:15pm, 1 Dec 2022
3,680 posts
  •  
GeneHunt59
I remember buying Rumours when it came out and always thought it MOR never mind AOR. Interesting as it would have been about the time that punk and new wave was shaking up the charts. Also the Bee Gees had gone well disco by then. Such a variety of genres side by side in the charts back then.
Dec 2022
12:13am, 2 Dec 2022
92,804 posts
  •  
swittle
Swittle - the Mac are one of those bands who were different genres depending on the lineup and album aren’t they

Fields I'd go with that. I watched part of the doco on Christine on BBC4 tonight and all came across as sweetness and light. C was happy to let Steve N take centre stage, apparently. Didn't stay that way...

For balance, I'm playing Fleetwood Mac's self titled 1968 album.
Dec 2022
7:37am, 2 Dec 2022
44,875 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'm listening to her early blues stuff - 60s. It's great.

I only liked Fleetwood Mac when I was about 40! In my 20s (the 80s/90s ) I thought them very dull! :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by cathrobinson
Fleetwood Mac were one of the bands you just had to listen to as I was growing up. Rumours would still be one of my desert island discs. RIP Songbird.