•  
Nelly
Wrong link!!! Try this instead... twitter.com
Dec 2020
10:44am, 7 Dec 2020
13,494 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
Over £200k added since the item on BBC Breakfast this morning. I think this is the highlight of 2020 for me. Apparently Kev thought that the original £77 777 would be a stretch.
Dec 2020
11:44am, 7 Dec 2020
13,495 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
3h49 for the final marathon.
Dec 2020
11:52am, 7 Dec 2020
10,303 posts
  •  
lammo
Awesome achievement, both the running and the fundraising.
Dec 2020
12:10pm, 7 Dec 2020
7,926 posts
  •  
Winter WAnderland
Been following this on local TV and radio. Fantastic achievement- both the running and the money raised. It's such a great celebration of what is clearly a close friendship, filled with mutual respect. I hope both Rob and Kev are recognised in SPOTY.
Dec 2020
1:29pm, 7 Dec 2020
125 posts
  •  
Tumbleweed90
I remember how shocked and upset I was when I first heard that Rob Burrow had MND. I'm not a Leeds fan but I always had a soft spot for the legendary Leeds team that he and Kevin Sinfield were a part of and always loved watching them play. All the things Kevin has done is incredible and Rob's attitude to this awful disease is amazing. In fact Rob and Kevin were two of my sporting heroes back in their playing days and this has cemented that even further.
Dec 2020
6:02pm, 7 Dec 2020
70,573 posts
  •  
swittle
Such dedication and application shows, to me at least, that rugby league remains close to its roots.
Dec 2020
9:23pm, 7 Dec 2020
4,088 posts
  •  
Nelly
£1.7million and counting.

Apparently, Kev will be on the BBC Breakfast sofa in the morning... you'd have thought he'd earnt a lie-in, but he's not stupid and will do all that he can to help his mate. I keep coming back to Rob's words from this morning "Everyone needs a friend like Kev".
Dec 2020
7:36am, 8 Dec 2020
13,497 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
Spot on tumbleweed. I'd support anyone against Leeds (well, except Warrington or the Aussies), but always loved to watch them play and it's always good in sport to see a team of modest, likeable people come out on top year after year.

Rugby League has been one of the best parts of 2020 for me, in spite of my club not playing a game since March. The most dramatic ending ever to a final a couple of weeks ago and now this.
Dec 2020
9:46am, 11 Dec 2020
4,089 posts
  •  
Nelly
Whereas I'm a Rhinos supporter, and will always love that team for the continued success they brought to the club, and how they went about it. There was always stories of various players turning down more lucrative contracts elsewhere to stay at Leeds to "win things with my mates", and the past week or so reemphasized that friendship within the group.

Last night the fundraising page went over £2.5million; the donation that ticked it past that figure was given by Leigh Centurions' owner Derek Beaumont (who had already donated £8k previously). That demonstrates perfectly, along with both your comments tumbleweed and cerrertonia, one of the most pleasing thing of this fundraising campaign, how the whole of the rugby league community has come together to support this event, and fundraising for Rob more generally. Rugby League really is a "family" sport.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nelly
Fundraising page:- justgiving.com

Or text MNDROB to 70085 to donate £7