Planned Races - Race Portfolio

2 watchers
Jul 2015
9:36pm, 7 Jul 2015
130 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
Hi,

Don't know if anyone else has ever suggested it, but wouldn't it make more sense if the "Planned Races" bit on our profiles didn't include those we had changed to NOT definitely attending?

I use my portfolio to keep track of potential races, someone I know came across my Fetch profile and commented on the nutty amount of races I 'have planned'. :)
Jul 2015
9:56pm, 7 Jul 2015
2,749 posts
  •  
Crooked-smile
not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but by changing to not definitely attending, do you mean the Y/N in your portfolio? as that is for whether you are trying for a PB or not, not whether you are definitely attending or not

as far as I was aware your portfolio just shows the races you're planning on doing, there's no option to say you might not be doing it?

sorry if I've totally misunderstood!
Jul 2015
9:56pm, 7 Jul 2015
2,750 posts
  •  
Crooked-smile
not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but by changing to not definitely attending, do you mean the Y/N in your portfolio? as that is for whether you are trying for a PB or not, not whether you are definitely attending or not

as far as I was aware your portfolio just shows the races you're planning on doing, there's no option to say you might not be doing it?

sorry if I've totally misunderstood!
Jul 2015
10:02pm, 7 Jul 2015
131 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
If you click on the notepad to the left of the date you can change "Definitely doing this?" to no. It is then greyed out in your portfolio.
Jul 2015
10:02pm, 7 Jul 2015
22,186 posts
  •  
Fleece and Dust
Perhaps fetch needs to design a 'race wish list'? That sounds like what you need. Actually, I'd like that too, I usually forget about a whole bunch of races by the time they come round.
Jul 2015
10:03pm, 7 Jul 2015
2,751 posts
  •  
Crooked-smile
ah, my bad, hadn't seen that :)
Jul 2015
10:13pm, 7 Jul 2015
132 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
But the portfolio with race marked as not definitely going, is exactly that, a wish list. Just the "not definite" status is not reflected in the profile.
Jul 2015
10:13pm, 7 Jul 2015
133 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
But the portfolio with race marked as not definitely going, is exactly that, a wish list. Just the "not definite" status is not reflected in the profile.
Jul 2015
10:27pm, 7 Jul 2015
1,733 posts
  •  
sLickster
Yeah, even when it is greyed out in your race portfolio, it still shows on your own profile page under planned races and also shows as the next race when you click on the people tab. So in effect it's not much use really :P Think this has been on Lord Fetch's list for about 5 years now, or it is at least that long ago that I said it would be nice to be changed to reflect certain races being just in the diary for other reasons than to actually run (I put a lot in now for when I'm going to take photos at the event for example).

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by StuH
Hi,

Don't know if anyone else has ever suggested it, but wouldn't it make more sense if the "P...