•  
Gobi
Speedplay are awesome
Sep 2011
11:21pm, 21 Sep 2011
24 posts
  •  
Krissie
I had to go back from clipless to toe cages after a knee injury which was aggrevated by twisting out. I really wanted to go back to clipless again this year as I was losing a lot of power and it just felt generally rubbish riding in trainers. I did lots of research into 'knee friendly' clipless varieties, and the Speedplay frogs seemed to have the general consenus for causing the least knee issues, due to the high degree of 'float' and minimal twisting action needed to release. They just slip out when its time to release with the smallest of movements, but remarkably never accidently slip out.

The downsides are that they are expensive, very difficult to walk in, and they won't stay attached to the pedals during a tri so you need to unclip and run in with shoes in. But I get on really well with them, and am so happy to have found something that has allowed me to go clipless again :-)

speedplay.com
Sep 2011
11:37pm, 21 Sep 2011
6,425 posts
  •  
James1982a
This would be much more interesting if the word Pedals was replaced with Piddles, don'tcha think?
Sep 2011
12:18am, 22 Sep 2011
79 posts
  •  
old mum
This may have been said already but if you're looking for entry level cleats & pedals you can't do much worse than decathlon. I got shoes with cleats & pedals for under £50 after being nagged in to it by a hard core cycling mate & t'other arf. I can't imagine ever going back to normal pedals. I can however imagine spending silly money on serious kit at some point.
Jul 2012
6:37am, 25 Jul 2012
61,774 posts
  •  
GregP
Hello. Swapped to Time iClic2 this year (from Look Delta). Wish I'd done it sooner. Very happy.
Jul 2012
6:48am, 25 Jul 2012
21,073 posts
  •  
cabletow
Wow 10 percent faster, that implies someone has measured and published the study that shows this, can you please provide the link
Apr 2022
3:02pm, 18 Apr 2022
134,491 posts
  •  
GregP

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Cavey
I currently have your standard / normal pedals on my bike. The ones that allow you to freely step on...