Paris marathon SMS pack

3 watchers
Apr 2014
6:12pm, 22 Apr 2014
First-time poster!!
  •  
Oldandgrey
Does anyone know what is included in the Paris Marathon SMS pack?
Apr 2014
6:38pm, 22 Apr 2014
3,155 posts
  •  
fitzer
Hello O&G welcome to Fetch.

What's a SMS pack?
Apr 2014
6:41pm, 22 Apr 2014
2 posts
  •  
Oldandgrey
I don't know. That is the question I am asking. When you enter the Paris Marathon there is an option to pay extra for an SMS pack but it doesn't say what it is. Any ideas?
Apr 2014
8:58pm, 22 Apr 2014
3 posts
  •  
Oldandgrey
I have found it now thanks. It is worth €1.99 and it sends a text message to 2 people when you finish.
Apr 2014
9:27pm, 22 Apr 2014
129 posts
  •  
suzyloves
It also texts your splits every 10km :-)
Apr 2014
1:48pm, 24 Apr 2014
413 posts
  •  
Scooba Steve
Is the Paris marathon now ballot type entry? I ran it this year but only entered when it opened last november time, after the race this year I got email saying 'register for free' in ballot for 2015 which i thought was an offer of a chance for free place for 2014 runners then after getting an email saying I had won and just had to pay the 99 euro fee which they are calling a special rate but is more than I paid last year by quite a bit I'm now confused!
Apr 2014
2:52pm, 24 Apr 2014
2,021 posts
  •  
Crooked-smile
they've basically just started a ballot for the cheaper prices. is it definitely 99 E that you're being asked to pay? I got an email saying I'd been successful and my entry fee is 75 E. anyway I think it's just to avoid the site crashing on the day, giving you an earlier opportunity to get the cheaper prices.

The SMS pack is worth paying for I'd say if you've got people that are interested :)
Apr 2014
4:27pm, 24 Apr 2014
414 posts
  •  
Scooba Steve
Def 99 euro but that makes sense if they have also given out 75 euro ones too, still dearer than last year as far as I remember - think I got in for 85 in second tier on the morning it opened.

for a couple of euro the sms is probably OK but my wife used the free app this year which was excellent! Gave an estimated arrival time every time I crossed a timing point.
Apr 2014
4:28pm, 24 Apr 2014
415 posts
  •  
Scooba Steve
Def 99 euro but that makes sense if they have also given out 75 euro ones too, still dearer than last year as far as I remember - think I got in for 85 in second tier on the morning it opened.

for a couple of euro the sms is probably OK but my wife used the free app this year which was excellent! Gave an estimated arrival time every time I crossed a timing point.
Apr 2014
8:43am, 27 Apr 2014
373 posts
  •  
Andy_B
I got one of those as Scooba Steve. "Congratulations...." You've won the chance to pay 99e to enter the race. I then sat looking at the screen a bit perplexed thinking I've won the chance to pay more for next year than I paid this year for a first-come first-served race. What exactly did I win???? Lol

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Does anyone know what is included in the Paris Marathon SMS pack?