Paris Marathon

17 watchers
Apr 2013
4:30pm, 7 Apr 2013
561 posts
  •  
RedWineRunner
*HOOOOOOONK* What's that? It's the PB klaxon!!

Another PB here to make a trilogy of perfect races for the Aberdeen Contingent - 14 minutes off last September's time for 4.05:22.

I suppose it was pretty much the perfect Spring race, but having trained for the last 4 months in sub-zero conditions I found the highs of 10C quite tough at times, especially going along the Seine. My pale Scottish hue definitely has a bit of pinkness about it this evening.
What an amazing race though - the crowd support carried me through the tough times and the Scottish supporters on the course brought a smile to my face everytime, especially if they were shouting out my club name. Loads of shouts from the Irish and Welsh too :)
Been drinking fizz on a Parisian balcony...could get used to this :)
Apr 2013
4:53pm, 7 Apr 2013
134 posts
  •  
Dick!
Well done you P.B ers .....way off here cos of age and lack of quality training but had a great day . love this course but the
last 3 miles thru the park is tough . now off to hit the bars with Sneaky Walker and Curlygirly :-)
Apr 2013
5:04pm, 7 Apr 2013
398 posts
  •  
Fitz
Crooked-smile, Medalslut and RedWineRunner - well done on the PeeBees. I agree about the temp, RWR, my Irish-ginge skin is a bit pink too. Enjoyed the course except for that long tunnel, the air was foul down there. And the park near the end, although it was downhill I had nothing left in the tank for a speed-up finish.

Had a couple of rehydrating beers and a snooze, time for dinner soon at which I expect some pop de champagne to be consumed. Safe trip home to all x.
WA
Apr 2013
6:21pm, 7 Apr 2013
3,995 posts
  •  
WA
Well done all :-) medal
Apr 2013
8:41pm, 7 Apr 2013
1,524 posts
  •  
Crooked-smile
Ooo official results even have me 4 seconds faster, boost
Apr 2013
9:53pm, 7 Apr 2013
563 posts
  •  
RedWineRunner
Goofee - we saw you at the start (unless there was another fetchie wearing the buff with long dreads) and ran over shouting fetchie! Fetchie! after you but you were in your own world and strided off and away. That was my only Fetch sighting today.
Apr 2013
5:36pm, 8 Apr 2013
900 posts
  •  
Goofee
Sorry about that RedWineRunner, how remiss of me! It would have been nice to say hello but I do tend to be in my own little bubble at times - apologies!!
Apr 2013
7:25am, 9 Apr 2013
136 posts
  •  
Dick!
Official results have me 50 sec faster than my Garmin .....god bless the French :-)
Apr 2013
7:26am, 9 Apr 2013
137 posts
  •  
Dick!
.....P.S .....did the Fat Tire bike tour yesterday , Wow , what a beautiful city this is !!!!!!
Apr 2013
11:17am, 9 Apr 2013
33 posts
  •  
only weak men
Off for a boat trip down the seine before heading back on the eurostar. Great race and well done to all the pb ers.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ultracat
Hi,

Waiting to enter this later this month.

Any info and tips from folks who have ran this bef...