Orthotic or Shoe issue

1 watcher
Apr 2016
9:53am, 22 Apr 2016
32,157 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I've been told to try a different orthotic by my podiatrist which is Biosoft although after the initial 'blistergate' I got the right size it does feel more comfortable but I'm now feeling it a bit in calf.

Pre Manchester marathon calf went I thought it was because of my shoes I got rid of Pegasus and a few others that I identified could be causing the problem. But it's a bit of mystery what is causing the issues I'll keep rollering until I find it ;-)
Apr 2016
11:53am, 22 Apr 2016
17,121 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I saw a podiatrist for gait analysis and he did his own orthotic by sticking stuff on the bottom of my trainer liners. He's a bit worried about my calves if I run further but I told him there's no chance of that. ;-)

Would a new podiatrist be the answer?
Apr 2016
11:55am, 22 Apr 2016
32,160 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Well the orthotic feels good but I don't know.

The other issue is a noticed a wearing down one side midfoot.
Apr 2016
12:02pm, 22 Apr 2016
17,123 posts
  •  
alpenrose
Just seen your foot pic - ouch! :(

My orthotics are to get me to pronate more but I mid foot strike, hence the calf worries. I wear Brooks Ghost wide fitting trainers which are about 1 1/2 sizes too big and seem to have plenty of room for my dodgy feet.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
I've been told to try a different orthotic by my podiatrist which is Biosoft although after the ini...