Nike Pegasus

2 watchers
Mar 2013
4:26pm, 27 Mar 2013
2,575 posts
  •  
Lalli
Me too - tennis ball works great, doesn't it. Just a shame we have to do it, but I will actually be chuffed to bits if it proves to be the 29s - am so frustrated with my legs (not to mention I've got the joys of ITBS at the moment too). Will do doopy x
Mar 2013
10:31pm, 28 Mar 2013
2,576 posts
  •  
Lalli
Ran in the 27s tonight and the ITB wasn't an issue at all - had the best run I'd had in ages. Will be interesting to see how my legs feel in the morning with stiffness - have stretched plenty and tennis-balled...
Mar 2013
4:10pm, 29 Mar 2013
2,578 posts
  •  
Lalli
Not an ache ... Says it all.
Apr 2013
9:30am, 2 Apr 2013
63 posts
  •  
doopy
I did a little joglet in my old 27's and didn't have any problems either, trouble is you cant get them anywhere anymore :-(
I'm off to the marathon expo in a couple of weeks, think I might find the Nike stand and have a little word.
Apr 2013
11:00pm, 2 Apr 2013
2,582 posts
  •  
Lalli
It's frustrating, isn't it. I spent half a day surfing the internet trying to find some, with no joy either!
I tried some trainers over the weekend and found New Balance 790v2s (they are men's size 9s though!) and ran in them tonight and they felt great - no issues later this evening and will see how things are tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed as they were only £35 in Sports Direct!

They do need to bring back the 27s - I checked the mileage on my old ones and they still have about 100 miles left in them, so will mix them and the NBs and hopefully that'll sort me out. If the NBs are good, will buy another two pairs to last!
Got a physio session tomorrow night, so it'll be interesting to see what she says.
Apr 2013
11:31pm, 2 Apr 2013
64 posts
  •  
doopy
I emailed Nike and am waiting for a reply. My 27's have done over 500miles and are showing signs of wear on the soles so I am loathe to do too many long runs in them. if you still find the NB shoes ok after a few more runs I might have to try a pair.
Apr 2013
5:26pm, 3 Apr 2013
65 posts
  •  
doopy
I have had a reply from Barry at Nike who said he used to run in the 27's but his everyday shoe at the moment is the Lunarglide +4
I am going to do a bit of research now :-)
Apr 2013
5:36pm, 3 Apr 2013
58 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Not sure they are similar doopy. I've used loads of Pegasus over the years and it's always been described as a neutral shoe. The Lunarglide 4 seems to be for mild to moderate overpronators.

I found the Vomero 3 and 6 very comfortable, not got one more recent than that.
Apr 2013
6:16pm, 3 Apr 2013
2,583 posts
  •  
Lalli
Yes, tried the Lunarglides and they felt all wrong - the insole was too "cupped" and it felt like they were meant for pronation correction.
The NBs felt closest to the 27s walking and jogging around the shop in (did some stairs etc too).

The NBs were lovely last night and I had no problems with any aches and pains this morning, so hoping they fit the bill - neutral and quite light. Vomeros were another I looked at but wasn't sure as very cushioned again, like 29s - didn't feel as good as the NBs.
Apr 2013
9:52pm, 3 Apr 2013
59 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
You could be right about the latest Vomeros, I'm sure I read elsewhere that they had changed the feel quite a bit in the latest model.

It's really annoying when you find a shoe that suits you then the manufacturer goes and changes it, drives me nuts !

Heard good things about the Mizuno Wave Rider as a neutral shoe, but never tried it. I'm doing more and more running off-road on trails, canal paths, etc and using more trail shoes. Find the Salomon Crossmax very comfortable as something that copes well with both road and trail, but again there has just been a new version the Crossmax 2 released and looks a bit different.......

About This Thread

Maintained by doopy
I have run in Nike Pegasus shoes for years and have always found them a joy to run in...until now. M...