Nike Lunarglide Neutral or Supportive shoe

3 watchers
Apr 2016
1:04pm, 7 Apr 2016
32,044 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I've been running with these a few years plus (Lunarracers and Tempos) been wondering if they actually are supportive shoes they don't look it.

If they are I need to stop using them :-0
Apr 2016
1:36pm, 7 Apr 2016
17,141 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Can't answer your specific question, soz. I seem to have gotten away with wearing pretty much any shoes for the last ten years - except for one pair that were designed to encourage forefoot landing, and felt as though I was wearing heels.
Apr 2016
2:35pm, 7 Apr 2016
141 posts
  •  
Sjjh
They do bill the Lunarglides as a Support shoe with "Dynamic support".

I've been wearing them mainly for the last two years as most others I have tried haven't been as comfortable as the lunarglides.
What's the reason for being told to stop? I think I am fairly neutral and haven't had any issues with them.
Apr 2016
2:57pm, 7 Apr 2016
32,045 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I haven't I wear orthotics so it's too much support for say something like Pegasus which has add support I don't care what anyone says. It started to cause me issues I don't want that to happen again basically.
Apr 2016
8:15pm, 7 Apr 2016
25,459 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
What does Supportive mean? I should google it really.
Apr 2016
8:48pm, 7 Apr 2016
1,753 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
By supportive, do you mean they try to counter pronation by having a firmer midsole on the inside of the foot than the outside ( either by different midsole material, or firmer medial posts ) ?

If so then you should be able to tell by prodding the midsole with your finger and seeing if it's firmer on the inside than outside.

Are you sure Nike Pegasus is a support shoe btw ? Pretty sure it's classed ( and built ) as a neutral shoe ( ie midsole density is same throughout the midsole )

If you're using orthotics the I agree you should not use a support shoe, the orthotics should provide the support so you should use a neutral shoe
Apr 2016
9:36pm, 7 Apr 2016
5,818 posts
  •  
The_Saint
I had about 10 pairs of the original Lunarglide and Lunarglide 2, loved them, if you were a neutral runner they didn't attempt to interfere with how you ran but if you turned in a bit the bar was meant to sort that out - lovely.
Imagine my horror when I couldn't get any more old stock and tried a pair of 4s only to find that it was like running on a golf ball in the inside of the heel, wore them once and never again.
Apr 2016
9:46pm, 7 Apr 2016
32,047 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I think that might be issue Saint.

thanks Gus I'll look into it, i do,find the Pegasus with the orthotic too much (well the 32)

Also my sports massage guy also a very good club runner said to me it's got a stiff mid sole and is mainly for people who,don't spend too long on ground (ie fast lads lol)
Apr 2016
9:58pm, 7 Apr 2016
43,149 posts
  •  
runnerbean
I use the glides with my orthotics HOD. I love them. I have 4s 5s and 7s can't say as I've found any of them different from each other.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
I've been running with these a few years plus (Lunarracers and Tempos) been wondering if they actua...