New challenge (Help needed!)

1 watcher
Jul 2014
8:50am, 23 Jul 2014
200 posts
  •  
RBNLMX
In a fortnight's time I am embarking on a run around all fourteen London football stadia across 6 days, knocking out about 80 miles in total, running in the evenings after work, raising money for charity. There's more information about my efforts here: runninglomax.tumblr.com I have previously run a couple of marathons (3.25 PB) and lots of halves (1.33) so have a few miles under my belt, but the most miles I've ever run in a week is just below 50. I've also never really stuck to a training or nutrition plan. I just wondered if you could give me any tips if you've done anything similar? I'm worried that I might burn out half way through! What should I be eating? What stretches should I be doing? Thanks in advance for any advise!
Jul 2014
9:01am, 23 Jul 2014
4,341 posts
  •  
Bez-head
Pace yourself to complete task.
Jul 2014
9:09am, 23 Jul 2014
30,266 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Have a great time. Eat what you enjoy. You may well find you get stronger as the days go on. But with your running history, 80 miles over 6 days isn't a huge leap and there's no reason why you shouldn't be fine :)
Jul 2014
9:59am, 23 Jul 2014
201 posts
  •  
RBNLMX
Thanks for the encouragement!

I've got 10 miles Monday morning, then 7 Monday evening, followed by roughly 8-12 for the next four evenings, and a 10 miles Saturday morning finale.

I hope you're right about getting stronger as I continue, and definitely going to have to make sure I run slower that I usually do!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
In a fortnight's time I am embarking on a run around all fourteen London football stadia across 6 d...