We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

The Munros - Complete Rounds, Ramsay Rounds, Day Trips

37 watchers
Dec 2021
9:58am, 31 Dec 2021
2979 posts
  •  
  •  
flyingfinn
K5 Gus, good question but not one I can answer, Zp might be the person who can?
Dec 2021
10:13am, 31 Dec 2021
1427 posts
  •  
  •  
Ally-C
Ally are you thinking of Jonny Muir, the author of amongst other books The Mountains Are Calling?

Aye, that’s him, couldnae be arsed Googling it😀
zp
Dec 2021
12:02pm, 31 Dec 2021
634 posts
  •  
  •  
zp
K5 Gus, good question but not one I can answer, Zp might be the person who can?

It is a good question. Unfortunately, I did from Sgurr Elide Mor summit to Loch Trieg on sight when I did my round, so I can't compare the two approaches. I took a line very similar to JK, and I found it frustratingly slow: tussocky and wet and definitely no path. I think a few contenders aim a bit further West, higher up the Abhainn Rath - maybe the going is a bit quicker there, even though it's further? If I ever look to do another round, I'd at least want to recce dropping down to the track and then up to Luibelt, it's possibly (for me) a bit quicker.
Dec 2021
12:45pm, 31 Dec 2021
4850 posts
  •  
  •  
K5 Gus
JK looks to have turned around a third of the way up Stob a Choire Mheadhoin and heading back down :-(
Dec 2021
12:45pm, 31 Dec 2021
4851 posts
  •  
  •  
K5 Gus
THanks for thoughts zp on SEM to Luibelt options
Dec 2021
1:17pm, 31 Dec 2021
1429 posts
  •  
  •  
Ally-C
Going off at a tangent but just seen this on Twitter.

outsideonline.com

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to talk about and follow any Complete round attempts, Ramsay Rounds, to discuss and ask advice on day trips that you're planning, and anything else Munros related.

Link to Donnie Campbell's tracker for his record breaking munro round - 31 days 23 hours and 2 mins
live.opentracking.co.uk

Interview with Donnie before he set off
ukclimbing.com

Daily schedule for previous holder ( Stephen Pyke "Spyke" )
chris-upson.com

Ramsay Round ramsaysround.co.uk