BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

The Munros - Complete Rounds, Ramsay Rounds, Day Trips

30 watchers
Dec 2020
9:28am, 2 Dec 2020
2363 posts
flyingfinn
Not a record for a winter Paddy either Totriornottotri 😉 [to quote Martin Stone from the new Fellrunner 'I accept that FKT is quite a descriptive way of describing somethng you're not 100% sure is correct or true but if an achievement is clearly a record, then let's call it a record - not yet another term we've adopted from the States. We have our own heritage, history, way of doing things and describing them. Brits have been chasing records in the mountains for more than 150 years. FKTs have only been around for maybe 20 years. End of rant!]

Seriously though not only was it a very impressive solo run but it looks like it is the record for an ACW round (the full list of completions is only updated once a year and currently doesn't show any 2020 times). There only seem to four other ACW completions to Dec 2019 - three guys who did it together in 23.56 back in 1986 and Nicky Spink's first round of her double which took 23.22.
Dec 2020
6:59pm, 2 Dec 2020
1138 posts
Totriornottotri
I only used the term because he had on his blog! I am definitely a more of a record person.
Dec 2020
7:17pm, 2 Dec 2020
2364 posts
flyingfinn
👍 good man, i'll let you off then 😉
Dec 2020
7:34pm, 2 Dec 2020
1142 posts
Totriornottotri
Ha ha!
22 Jan
8:48am, 22 Jan 2021
1277 posts
Totriornottotri
mountain-equipment.co.uk

Munros in winter
27 Feb
7:19pm, 27 Feb 2021
4388 posts
K5 Gus
Finlay Wild interviewing Donnie Campbell and Spyke ( current and previous Munro Round record holders ).

Spyke's internet connection a bit dodgy a couple of times, but an interesting watch/listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Pn1cyxibA

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to talk about and follow any Complete round attempts, Ramsay Rounds, to discuss and ask advice on day trips that you're planning, and anything else Munros related.

Link to Donnie Campbell's tracker for his record breaking munro round - 31 days 23 hours and 2 mins
live.opentracking.co.uk

Interview with Donnie before he set off
ukclimbing.com

Daily schedule for previous holder ( Stephen Pyke "Spyke" )
chris-upson.com

Ramsay Round ramsaysround.co.uk