My Fetch Mile

56 watchers
Feb 2020
4:37pm, 18 Feb 2020
15,119 posts
  •  
Rosehip
twice? I resubmitted it and it came up again - I have a feeling the time is for an older one and I haven't beaten the time at all - just visited?
Feb 2020
8:27am, 21 Feb 2020
1,717 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Apologies if this has been answered. I've skimmed the thread and can't see it.

There is a mile in a run that I know I have done previously (middle of a parkrun route). Do I have to run that section again in order to trigger it or is there a way for historic runs to count? I accidentally triggered one similar another time by simply building a mile next to it, but I don't feel like this is the correct way to do it.
Feb 2020
8:35am, 21 Feb 2020
19,026 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Ronnie, if you go to the relevant training entry including that mile, right down the bottom is a link, under "Useful Stuff" to check that entry against any existing miles. (Has to be gpsed to work.)
Feb 2020
8:39am, 21 Feb 2020
1,718 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Awesome, thanks!
Feb 2020
9:48am, 21 Feb 2020
4,451 posts
  •  
Vancouver Jogger
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but presumably runs from A to B are being kept separate from the same run B to A otherwise leaderboards become meaningless (if A to B is significantly downhill then B to A will obviously be uphill and therefore slower). But is there a way to sign visitors' book if you do a run the wrong way?

Someone has entered a mile along a nice route I run regularly - but I always run it in the other direction. Do I need to make my own mile (in my direction)?
Feb 2020
9:56am, 21 Feb 2020
3,372 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
VJ - yes the miles only work A to B, if you like B to A then you need to create a separate mile. You can only sign the guestbook if you have done the mile in the way it was saved, ie A to B.
Feb 2020
9:56am, 21 Feb 2020
1,720 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Yes, recreate it in the other direction if it's relevant.
Feb 2020
9:57am, 21 Feb 2020
3,789 posts
  •  
westmoors
VJ, the miles are direction specific, so yes you will need to create a second mile for the other direction.
Feb 2020
9:57am, 21 Feb 2020
23,393 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
You'll only get a match if you go from A to B, not B to A - so unfortunately no, there's no way to sign the guest book if you do the latter.

I've seen cases where people have created the equal but opposite mile, so go for it.

As for point (5) on my to do list, I hope to get that sorted today - it should work well for those equal and opposite miles.
Feb 2020
10:28am, 21 Feb 2020
23,395 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've adjusted the main map now. Instead of lots of A's and B's on the map, there's just one marker corresponding to the start point; plus a thin black line corresponding to the route. They look like little sperm now B-)

The marker is clickable too, so that should make it a lot easier to view the mile in detail.

Have a try folks, and let me know if it's an improvement.

fetcheveryone.com/mile.php

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Come and see our growing database of special miles:

fetcheveryone.com/mile.php

How do I add a Fetch Mile?
Go to any entry in your training log, and look for the Build A Mile link just above the map. Click that, and drag the slider to highlight the relevant mile. Give it a name and a description, and save it!

Fetch's To Do List
6) Some way of picking up your historical visits
9) A way to see your own miles
11) Badges for creators and visitors
12) Everything else.

Fetch's Done List
1) Make run and bike into separate leaderboard tables
3) Ability to add an image.
2) A 'Back' button that returns you to the last-viewed area rather than home
4) Elevation graph
5) Larger clickable area for individual miles
7) Jump To Location box for easier navigation