Lightweight headtorch

1 watcher
Mar 2012
1:40pm, 20 Mar 2012
12,605 posts
  •  
hellen
I already have some decent headtorches but am looking for a vvvv light one as a race I am doing has it as a requirement. I dont expect to finsih after dark so hopefully wont need to use it so it doesnt have to be especially good! I am wanting to do the race with my waistpack rather than rucksack so trying to reduce kit where I can as the CPs are not up to much so need to make space for all my food :)

I found this facewest.co.uk any comments or any other suggestions?
Mar 2012
2:08pm, 20 Mar 2012
2,178 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I know someone who used one of those in our local orienteering night score leagues. Not sure what battery life is like, but they do put some light out if required.
Mar 2012
2:09pm, 20 Mar 2012
19,026 posts
  •  
Frobester
Never used a Petzl, but Silva do some good headtorches, pretty powerful as well.
Mar 2012
2:36pm, 20 Mar 2012
314 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I've got a Petzl Tikka and a spare Gamma Alpkit. The Petzl is far superior in my opinion.
Mar 2012
2:41pm, 20 Mar 2012
12,609 posts
  •  
hellen
I have both of those but looking for something proper lightweight
Mar 2012
3:23pm, 20 Mar 2012
13,763 posts
  •  
flanker
silva also do a very small one that runs off 'watch batteries' but it's not much cop, and you'd be better off with the e-lite. However if you are slower than expected I don't think it would give enough light to run by - it is very much an emergency torch, often carried as a spare to a main torch. You might be better off with a Zipka petzl.com
Mar 2012
3:25pm, 20 Mar 2012
6,340 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Oh look, Hellen and Flanker are talking about kit. Who'd have thought?!?!

(P.S. How many headtorches can a girl own?!?!)
Mar 2012
3:44pm, 20 Mar 2012
12,611 posts
  •  
hellen
I have 3 at the mo GF!!
Thanks Flanker, was thinking of having a proper one in my drop bag and picking that up if I am slower than I expect to halfway. It is just canal running though and I would have to be about an hour slower to properly need a powerful light
Mar 2012
3:49pm, 20 Mar 2012
671 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
amazon.co.uk

A friend has one of these as a spare / guest headtorch for club runs ;-)
Mar 2012
3:53pm, 20 Mar 2012
316 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Ooh yeah sorry Hellen only saying that I thought Petzl was good generally and they're popular in my club. Haven't investigated lightweight ones yet, so no recommendations in that area. I'd be interested to know what's around as I hardly feel the Tikka when it's on my head.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
I already have some decent headtorches but am looking for a vvvv light one as a race I am doing has ...