Headphones again

2 watchers
Jun 2013
11:50am, 24 Jun 2013
12,727 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
Just wondering whether the time-honoured Fetch consensus recommendation of the Sennheiser PMX 70 / 80 still stands?

My second (or third? I lose count...) pair are starting to rust and fall apart now, so I was wondering whether there are any newer/better/comfier/less rust-prone options, or if these are still the most sensible balance of price and function?

---

Disclaimer: The existence of this thread does not endorse racing with headphones, running under the wheels of cars and bicycles, or singing along with B*Witched tunes out loud in locations where one might be recognised and/or punched. Enjoy headphones responsibly.
Jun 2013
11:56am, 24 Jun 2013
1,503 posts
  •  
auburnette
I like Sennheiser MX470 - sufficiently light that they don't fall out, good sound, fairly robust. No rust as the body is entirely plastic. They are not sports specific (I find wrap-around sports earphones awkward) but I've never had any problems running with them. If you found the dangling cord annoying you could just put the cord round the back of your head/pull the cord grip up.
Jun 2013
12:25pm, 24 Jun 2013
14,504 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I'm currently using Sennheiser OMX680i.

Annoyingly you can't hear anything through them if they're plugged into a phone!
Jun 2013
12:25pm, 24 Jun 2013
68,250 posts
  •  
GregP
~lurks~

I have some Sennheisers that I utterly hate - will check what they are this evening, but they sound harsh unless pushed in so deep they block all ambient sound.
Jun 2013
11:35pm, 24 Jun 2013
12,730 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
Has anyone tried Yurbuds? They look intriguing...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave
Just wondering whether the time-honoured Fetch consensus recommendation of the Sennheiser PMX 70 / 8...