Bluetooth running headphones

1 watcher
Jan 2018
1:46pm, 10 Jan 2018
4,677 posts
  •  
Big Al Widepants
Any recommendations. I like the little neckbands that keep the whole thing in place.
Jan 2018
2:00pm, 10 Jan 2018
726 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Hi Al, you may be looking at 'cans' or aftershokz (sp) type headphones, in which case ignore the following!

I use a couple of taotronics in-ear models. These both have a short cable between them rather than the aftershokz style band. I avoid the ones that hook over the ear because I invariably run with sunglasses and I didn't like the 'feel' of the aftershokz/sunglasses combo when I tested them.

If you end up looking at the 'bud' type that I use, I much prefer those with the controls built in to the earpiece. I find the ones with controls on the cable are unbalanced and tend to try to pull the bud out of the ear.

Get the longest battery life that you can because they are adversely affected by cold weather and you will struggle to get the marketed claims below 7°-8°C
Jan 2018
2:58pm, 11 Jan 2018
4,678 posts
  •  
Big Al Widepants
Thanks SS. I'm definitely fonder of the type that have a rigid neckband rather than just a cable. Not the cans, I want a lightweight pair.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Big Al Widepants
Any recommendations. I like the little neckbands that keep the whole thing in place.