Have you done your daily physio exercises?

16 watchers
Aug 2012
12:27pm, 26 Aug 2012
1,519 posts
  •  
Little Nemo - slow-but-steady
I'm not always as good as I should be at doing my daily exercises so this thread is here to make sure that I do!

Went through all the exercises with my physio on Wednesday and have done them on Thursday/Friday/Saturday so far. Haven't done them today yet...

So if you need encouragement/prodding to do your physio exercises feel free to join the thread :-)
.B.
Aug 2012
12:31pm, 26 Aug 2012
3,507 posts
  •  
.B.
This is such a good idea LN! :-) I am fairly good at doing the daily stretches I need to do, but not so good at the strengthening exercises that will help longer term ...
Aug 2012
12:39pm, 26 Aug 2012
6,879 posts
  •  
Schnecke
Oh, good idea! I am supposed to be doing exercises given to me by the physio last week - I've been good so far and managed to do them twice a day for the last week, but he did say 3 times a day would be even better - I haven't managed that yet! It's going to get a lot more difficult once term begins and I'm back at work again on Monday week, so I will definitely need reminding about them then :-)
Aug 2012
1:44pm, 26 Aug 2012
9,161 posts
  •  
Girlie
Thats a good idea. Mine are currently simple ones to be done 5 x daily, but I'm sure I will forget when I get some different ones after I go back to work in a couple of weeks.
Aug 2012
1:53pm, 26 Aug 2012
1,520 posts
  •  
I'm lucky, I only need to do mine once a day but they do take 20 mins or so. I have done mine today now so I can relax :-)

I'm hoping that I can persuade myself that 20 mins a day is a small price tp pay for injury-free running!
Aug 2012
2:00pm, 26 Aug 2012
1,271 posts
  •  
PenW
Yes please I am rubbish at doing mine! Even though I know it's what I need to do for the long haul back to fitness, I still struggle. I'm most likely going to need months of doing them too. At the moment I have to do back stretches, calf raises and some Pilates type exercises - daily if possible.
Aug 2012
6:30pm, 26 Aug 2012
6,882 posts
  •  
Schnecke
PenW - I think I will be doing mine indefinitely! It's one of the things I need to ask the physio this week, but I'm afraid that's what he's going to say. Mine seem to take a long time to do, but maybe that's just because I do them very slowly! I'm going to time them when I do my second lot of the day in a minute , so I know how long to allow in the morning once I'm back at work next week. Currently perched on a hot water bottle to warm the relevant bits up (don't ask!) before another exercise session ... :-O
Aug 2012
6:42pm, 26 Aug 2012
2,561 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Thanks for reminding me Nemo. I only have to do mine 3 times per week but they take about 20-30 mins. + I've got strengthening to do 3 times a week too.
Aug 2012
8:46am, 28 Aug 2012
1,530 posts
  •  
Did mine yesterday but today will be the big test. I'm going to try and get into the routine of doing them as soon as I get in from work. No shilly-shallying ;-)
Aug 2012
8:54am, 28 Aug 2012
249 posts
  •  
babsaf
I've been doing mine twice a day since I saw physio on thursday, but at the back of my mind I think he said 3 times a day! Its the first time I've been on the bench since I started running 2 years ago and finding it hard not to put my trainers on. I sooooooooooo want to get back to HM training - only got 5 weeks left. But will be a good girl and do as I'm told as I really want to do the HM.
Like everyone else, i will have to continue daily (forever I think) if I want to run and keep my back pain free.

About This Thread

Maintained by Little Nemo
I'm not always as good as I should be at doing my daily exercises so this thread is here to make su...