Hanging out the washing thread

47 watchers
22 Sep
2:23pm, 22 Sep 2022
13,751 posts
  •  
Jock Itch
Few dry loads done today. Cant help but feel that it wont be long before the line goes away for a while.
22 Sep
2:27pm, 22 Sep 2022
34,787 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Get it out there. I tend to even in winter. Just to give it some air...rain not withstanding.
22 Sep
2:29pm, 22 Sep 2022
10,367 posts
  •  
sallykate
Absolutely. If there's a bit of a breeze it'll dry even in winter.
22 Sep
2:40pm, 22 Sep 2022
56,886 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
It’s just getting to the start of prime pegging time. A big down jacket and a pair of ski mittens and you’ll be right enough. Anyone can dry washing in July

I got a line of whites just about dry before the rain started this afternoon. Wife a big batch of colours dry yesterday
22 Sep
2:48pm, 22 Sep 2022
64,943 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
It’s the thrill of the skill at this time of year - out and back in dry before any rain is due.

Bit of wet one here today but better tomorrow so it will be out
23 Sep
9:46pm, 23 Sep 2022
13,752 posts
  •  
Jock Itch
It will not dry in winter. Tried it over and over. Professor Ti Mi Linedaawn from San Francisco University's recent study refers.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jock Itch
For lovers of the art of hanging the washing out:

Weather forecast: Shall I hang my washing or not ? Check here:

bbc.co.uk

Terminology: 'Fluffing' -- Going out and runninng your hands over the washing just to feel whether still moist. Sometimes not needed but we all like to fluff

'Melvyn' - where you run you fingers through your washing, you think it's damp but you're not sure. It could be dry. You leave out or take in? you've done a Melvyn'.

Also for sharing photos of 'Extreme pegging'. Plastic or wooden they are all embraced here :)

lifeyourway.net Some top tips to help increase your enjoyment of this wonderful past time :)

The Doctor K Cup

This year sees the fifth edition of our annual challenge in memory of the Fetchies who have sadly passed away. It's named after Doctor K, who died of pancreatic cancer in 2017

Are you doing the right training?

See typical mileage, pace and long run stats for every distance and goal. See a comparison with your own training.

Heart Rate Analysis

See your heart rate training data from the last 12 months broken down in technicolour.

Flat as a pancake?

We've collected thousands of your reviews from events, and worked out which races give you the best chance of a fast time!

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 109,081 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here