Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Hanging out the washing thread

46 watchers
4 Oct
12:21pm, 4 Oct 2021
52040 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
We are doing fifty miles on Saturday. Current forecast 15 deg C
4 Oct
12:32pm, 4 Oct 2021
23573 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Ah, I don't just mean the line is up, Jock, I mean it gets used. In between the rain. It may be cold, not much sun - but we have plenty of wind. Even if the washing is occasionally frozen stiff.
4 Oct
1:02pm, 4 Oct 2021
35791 posts
  •  
halfpint
2 loads out this morning. It’s gorgeous out there.
4 Oct
2:00pm, 4 Oct 2021
55097 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Yip like Dvorak, if there is a chance of Washing going out it does.
11 Oct
5:28pm, 11 Oct 2021
55302 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
So glad I took my washing in at lunch time cause it was nice and dry. It’s been raining all afternoon
11 Oct
6:31pm, 11 Oct 2021
52124 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Stunning autumn day here and a good load of colours dried nicely

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jock Itch
For lovers of the art of hanging the washing out:

Weather forecast: Shall I hang my washing or not ? Check here:

bbc.co.uk

Terminology: 'Fluffing' -- Going out and runninng your hands over the washing just to feel whether still moist. Sometimes not needed but we all like to fluff

'Melvyn' - where you run you fingers through your washing, you think it's damp but you're not sure. It could be dry. You leave out or take in? you've done a Melvyn'.

Also for sharing photos of 'Extreme pegging'. Plastic or wooden they are all embraced here :)

lifeyourway.net Some top tips to help increase your enjoyment of this wonderful past time :)