Good for Age Form

6 watchers
Jun 2012
9:23am, 6 Jun 2012
7 posts
  •  
mjoyeux
I sent in an entry through the Ballot and I did the Marathon of the North in a Good for Age time. So I then sent in my details for a good for age entry. As yet, I've not received my GFA form yet. Has anyone who've sent a GFA form got anything back?

I've also done Edinburgh in a good for age time, should I send that off too in support of my application?
Jun 2012
10:15am, 6 Jun 2012
33 posts
  •  
runningdevon
Mjoyeux I haven't received mine either. I expect they're still going through them.
Jun 2012
12:36pm, 6 Jun 2012
8 posts
  •  
mjoyeux
That's good to know, was getting a little nervous! Done two GFA times so I was thinking if I didn't get a form, what do I have to do?!

If you do get a GFA form, is that a "cert" for entry next year?
Jun 2012
12:50pm, 6 Jun 2012
47,537 posts
  •  
Puddington
The closing date for sending in proof isn't until 13th July, so won't they send the actual entry forms after that?
Jun 2012
2:00pm, 6 Jun 2012
9 posts
  •  
mjoyeux
No idea, just wondered if someone with GFA experience knew what the crack was... :-)
Jun 2012
2:01pm, 6 Jun 2012
6,461 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
Is this the earliest outbreak of premature VLM panic ever? You'll be asking us for directions to the start next :P
Jun 2012
2:04pm, 6 Jun 2012
6,462 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
But to answer your question, I've been GFA twice and I've never had any problems with administration.
Jun 2012
3:29pm, 6 Jun 2012
9,396 posts
  •  
paul a
Admin is always spot on, you don't receive forms until later. Be patient :-)
Jun 2012
5:29pm, 7 Jun 2012
10 posts
  •  
mjoyeux
Thank you guys! Just really off the boil after doing two marathon in 2012. Really want to get there next year!
Jun 2012
10:18pm, 9 Jun 2012
17,529 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I jokingly thought I'd start the first VLM2013 thread, but I see you lot have got there already!!

13 July deadline to but note a very short time 27 July for them to get the form out to you and for you to return it. Don't miss that window (like I did in 2011!) I called them every day for a week, but to be honest, it wasn't necessary. They get your proof, they send you a form with your number pre-printed on it, you're in. You then just *must* remember to return that actual form. That's where the "after 13 July but before 27 July" fun comes in. Better hope you're not out of the country on your holidays or something. Because this is a real paper form, delivered to your house and you really have to return a form, by old fashioned post, and everything!

Good luck all the Good For Agers! :-)G

About This Thread

Maintained by mjoyeux
I sent in an entry through the Ballot and I did the Marathon of the North in a Good for Age time. So...