garmin forerunner 15

1 watcher
Mar 2016
8:56am, 16 Mar 2016
3,920 posts
  •  
Jono.
Hi

if this has been discussed before, please accept my apologises - purchased a garmin 15 in January to replace my 205 (which its fair to say I loved) - found one at maplins for £89.99.

found that the battery would loose a bar after a 6 mile run, two after a 10 mile and before I returned it to the store barely lasted a 20 mile run (which took 3hrs 25 mins).

Got a replacement, used it this morning and the battery's down one bar on a 6 mile run.

so is this normal? reviews and garmin say's that the battery should last for 8hrs in training mode? Auto tracker's not switched on either. seems a shame really as its not a bad little watch.
Mar 2016
3:11pm, 16 Mar 2016
3,467 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
is there anything in this review that might help?: dcrainmaker.com
Mar 2016
4:35pm, 16 Mar 2016
3,923 posts
  •  
Jono.
Funnily enough I read that Susie before buying it :-)
Mar 2016
5:24pm, 16 Mar 2016
3,469 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
:)
Mar 2016
6:19pm, 16 Mar 2016
323 posts
  •  
oi you
There are a few similar comments on the Garmin forum, but no useful info in the few threads I've looked at.
forums.garmin.com
Mar 2016
6:24pm, 16 Mar 2016
2,497 posts
  •  
FreshStart
The battery life on my Garmin 15 is rubbish and seems to be worsening with use/age. Although this morning when I set off my 15 was fully charged, after a slow 11 mile run I was down to one bar. I doubt that it would last long enough to record a 20 mile run.
Mar 2016
7:44pm, 16 Mar 2016
201 posts
  •  
Oranj
The battery life indicator on some Garmins does seem a bit pessimistic - you never know, it might make it to 8 hours. Did you ever try just leaving it running outside and see how much it recorded?

I had a 910XT that would easily last for more than 17 hours, greater than the quoted battery life, but the 920 I've got now has a much earlier low battery warning :(
Mar 2016
11:45am, 17 Mar 2016
3,927 posts
  •  
Jono.
thanks fresh start sounds about right.

I'm thinking of returning it again to the shop and getting a refund - I'm also thinking that I might try and get my 205 a new battery? or just accept I might have to spend some money.

Oranj - no I haven't tried it, might do.

thanks for your help guys :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jono.
Hi

if this has been discussed before, please accept my apologises - purchased a garmin 15 in Janu...