•  
Silvershadow
Who's mel? Please Fmail me for tickets - Thank you
Mar 2011
6:51pm, 30 Mar 2011
581 posts
  •  
Silvershadow
We (my fellow Bedford Harrier Iva and I ) are holding a Quiz night as part of our Forces March fundraising.

Wednesday April 20th, White Horse Pub, Newnham Ave, Bedford 8pm

£5 per head including ploughman's supper. Teams of up to 6.

Fmail me for tickets.
Apr 2011
10:34am, 12 Apr 2011
40 posts
  •  
duncman
What sort of food did they provide last year?
Apr 2011
12:11pm, 12 Apr 2011
592 posts
  •  
Silvershadow
I met up with Nightjar at the weekend last year so I wasn't there every night but I know one evening was a pasta meal provided by the local pub, one night it was 'boil in the bag' camping ration pack and the last evening the good folks of Milton Bryant put on a waiter served (cadets) hot meal in the village hall followed by a full english cooked breakfast the next morning. The campsites are not far from local facilities like pubs, local shops and fish and chip if you want something extra. Tea was available24/7 and (I think) breakfast was usually cereal.
Apr 2011
12:30pm, 12 Apr 2011
41 posts
  •  
duncman
Cool. Sounds great and should see me through this (especially the nearby pubs! :-) ) My stomach can't cope with meat and don't like eggs, so by the sounds of it I should be well and truely ok. By the sounds of it, there should be somewhere to charge garmin too - not going for time or anything, it's just a comfort thing :)

Can't wait!!
Apr 2011
12:49pm, 12 Apr 2011
4 posts
  •  
Arachne
I'm in for all 5 days. Anyone got any idea how many entrants?
Apr 2011
1:20pm, 12 Apr 2011
3,533 posts
  •  
Nightjar
Last year there were around 100 people (maybe more, maybe less, but there were lots anyway). A fairly strong contingent of Fetchies and just a great everyone in it together atmosphere. Hopefully more this year.

Whilst you're plugging the Forces March, don't forget the Forces Festival, which is what we arrive to on day 5. It's on the Sunday night so you still get the Bank Holiday Monday to yourself (or to recover from the head banging hangover). forcesfestival.com - a great way to celebrate your success.
Apr 2011
2:00pm, 12 Apr 2011
3,536 posts
  •  
Nightjar
Related to the Forces March, check this guy out. Spencer Rolls is aiming to complete the Forces March route in under 36 hours! I took me a while to realise that is 5 marathons will about 7 hours for each, assuming he doesn't stop or sleep.

The plan is to start at 00:01 on Wednesday 20th April and finish on Thursday 21st April.

I'll post any progress updates. I think it warrants a visit to his JG page justgiving.com
Apr 2011
6:41pm, 12 Apr 2011
974 posts
  •  
Blackbird leys boy.
Last years Forces March was the best running experience of my life. Everything about it was special.
Apr 2011
6:41pm, 12 Apr 2011
593 posts
  •  
Silvershadow
Gah! I told Barry not to send you that email. I thought it might give you ideas :-P

About This Thread

Maintained by Nightjar
5 marathons in 5 days.

Forces March web site: forcesmarch.org.uk

There's a handy info pack here: forcesmarch.org.uk