Finding Run Routes - Bristol North/ Southmead/ Gloucester rd?

4 watchers
MsG
Jan 2023
6:51pm, 10 Jan 2023
2,291 posts
  •  
MsG
AJLB any Bristol run route suggestions?
Jan 2023
7:55am, 11 Jan 2023
333 posts
  •  
AJLB
I'd second what's already been offered - Eastville park, Stoke Park and Abbey Wood join up nicely in a largely car-free loop. Blaise is nice if you like hills and dogs. You can't beat the railway path to Bath (and the branch up towards Chipping Sodbury) for flat, uninterrupted long runs. The river path along the Avon to Bath is lovely too, but probably v. muddy/actually underwater at this time of year. If you want to be social everyone is doing loops of the Down or around the harbour.
Jan 2023
6:11pm, 25 Jan 2023
1,007 posts
  •  
wrexhamrob
Thanks folks. As we were staying near central end of Gloucester Road ( cafe heaven !!) I did a short uphill run towards Waitrose then a left on north view to the downs - day 1- 2.5 miles out & return , And Monday morning same run but 2 out then back . We drive from daughter’s to dog walk in Stoke park - maybe run next time, also try other areas you suggest ALB thanks again
Jan 2023
9:31am, 26 Jan 2023
48,037 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
A shout out and a recommendation from me for Up & Running in North View. Managed by Rick Wallis (who set it up with the legendary Nick Rose).

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by wrexhamrob
Hello Fetch buddies , long time fetchie here still aiming to tick off a few more marathons towards the100 as the years go by; i vary in the time i devote to this wonderful resource called Fetcheveryone- though my miles are always logged. It looks like i will be visiting Bristol a bit more often in future as daughter has bestowed upon us 2 amazing tiny granddaughters. When daughter lived near Cliftonwood/ Hotwells - i enjoyed running 1/2 mile down to the Avon trail and long runs to Pill. Now she ...