Fetchie Family Law Experts- I need you!
11:53pm, 29 Apr 2019
WAMy sister is in a relationship with a chap. Not married. They have 2 kids under 6 and live in an EU country. Both work freelance and jointly own a mortgaged property in the UK (currently rented) She is to all extent and purposes financially dependent on him- spends more time looking after kids than working etc. He has income from property in the UK as well as his freelance work.
He is controlling and manipulative. Think coercive control. He stops her going out, prevents her friends from coming to visit, tells her kids that she isn't to be trusted. He blames her for the slightest thing and calls her a paranoid, unfit mother. She's had severe depression in the past but has been on an even keel for the past 10 years or so. He's driving her mad (literally) and she wants to leave him.
Please can someone help? What are her rights? What is she entitled to financially? They are both UK born and bred but have lived abroad for getting on for 3 years.
Please dm if you don't want to comment on here
7:24am, 30 Apr 2019
fetcheveryoneBig Chief Running Bore is a family lawyer.
7:27am, 30 Apr 2019
About This Thread
- Elderly parents or relatives to care for and/or worry about? This is the place for you. Feb 2024
- Support thread for parents of teenagers Feb 2024
- The Sandwich Generation - Aged Ps and children to care for? Jun 2023
- Parental Health Concerns Apr 2021
- Assisting teens in choosing university for 2021 during a pandemic Nov 2020
- They're growing up - support for parents Sep 2016
- Family Fun Question Mar 2016
- Activity holidays for families Feb 2016
- Trying to Move House/Flat Feb 2024
- Noise Annoys Jan 2024
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?