Fetchestosgate - thats it, Im suing Fetch

2 watchers
D2
Jul 2011
12:29pm, 26 Jul 2011
4,130 posts
  •  
D2
Removing asbestos; Where the disposal of asbestos does not involve cutting, abrading (abrasive) or breaking the material, relatively simple precautions are sufficent.

I wonder how/if the following suggestions were applied and whether running specific adaptations were incorporated?

1. The material should be damped down to minimise any potential for dust generation - i dont remember being asked if its ok to dampen me
2. When removing an asbestos structure, it should be taken apart carefully by removing nails/screws, and the sheets removed whole or at least with the minimum possible damage. - I'm sure my sheets werent fixed with nails or screws just tucked in tight with hospital corners
3. Small pieces of the material should be sealed in double bagged strong plastic bags and marked "ASBESTOS". -

4. Only people engaged in the work should enter the working area. - not sure if any of us really work
5. Protective clothing including gloves, goggles, overalls and a dust mask suitable for asbestos dust should be worn. - not mention of fetch vest, buff, vibram fivefinger
6. A plastic sheet should be used to collect any dust. - or aluminimum foil blanket
7. Hand tools rather than power tools should be used. - is there an icon for handtools...?
8. Work should be done outside if possible and working overhead should be avoided. - not on the treadmill then
9. Protective clothing should be cleaned or disposed of safely and people engaged inthe work should wash carefully - or use vaseline first?
Jul 2011
12:32pm, 26 Jul 2011
10,471 posts
  •  
Pestomum
wash *or* use vaseline? Hmmm :-)
Jul 2011
12:37pm, 26 Jul 2011
14,879 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
I think the problem with Fetch is people spent more time posting comments, reading graphs, laughing at Foxy Dave's 'foxy' pictures, dissing my blog and generally doing things other than running fast. I think a ratio of site bimbling to actual training is the way forward. So unless you 'score' enough points in training effort and time you can't spend time on forums etc ie you earn the right through training.

After a few months things would either be real quiet or we would would have become running heroes!
Jul 2011
12:39pm, 26 Jul 2011
14,880 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
for example I have run a mile for every 2.05 posts
Jul 2011
12:44pm, 26 Jul 2011
5,148 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Is that a gues BCRB or did you actualy work it out?
Jul 2011
12:50pm, 26 Jul 2011
16,963 posts
  •  
RooA
When was the asbestos removed? Before or after I joined? This could explain a lot.
Jun 2022
12:22am, 3 Jun 2022
17,174 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
But what about the llama removal?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I don't think it's OK that we are only told in passing, as a side comment, that the original fetch...