Feeling sick after running

1 watcher
Dec 2012
11:52am, 17 Dec 2012
14,992 posts
  •  
sheri3004
I do usually take water with me (Camelbak) for runs over about 10 miles, not sure why I didn't yesterday, but I have still felt sick after, so I don't think it is hydration.

I suspect pre-run fuelling could be the issue, though I don't know why it would make me feel sick after.

Thanks for all the replies :)
Dec 2012
11:52am, 17 Dec 2012
629 posts
  •  
Wee Christmas Pea
That happens to me when I don't eat enough to fuel the run and also if I don't make myself eat soon after
Dec 2012
11:56am, 17 Dec 2012
14,993 posts
  •  
sheri3004
Hmm, seems like "eat more" could be the way forward....

So hard to get the balance right!
Dec 2012
12:02pm, 17 Dec 2012
2,195 posts
  •  
Garfield
Have you had enough food before the run? As well as afterwards? Dizziness would occur if you didn't have enough afterwards...I've had it kick in an hour after the run...nothing like going shopping for food and bonking big time...my brain completely lost all powers of concentration! Hubby recognised what was happening and got me out of there and made sure I ate something quickly. Eventually a very sweet flapjack restored me completely...much later that day.

I hadn't run that far...only 7 miles. The previous day though, I had run 12 miles and not eaten enough afterwards so between both days, it had caught up with me.
Dec 2012
12:08pm, 17 Dec 2012
14,994 posts
  •  
sheri3004
I think it is quite likely I did not eat enough either before or after. Looking back this could be the reason on other occasions.

I'll probably go to the other extreme now and stuff myself with so much food I can't actually move at all.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by sheri3004
OK, this is getting weird.

Several times after long or medium-long runs now I get very sick, most...