Feeling a pop, like popping bubble wrap, at top of calf

1 watcher
TT
Dec 2011
12:58pm, 22 Dec 2011
148 posts
  •  
TT
Had the strangest thing happen the night before last. I'm a beginner, just built up slowly through the c25k. I had run for 25 minutes and stopped to give someone directions. I started walking and felt like a twist and for all the world like I'd popped some bubble wrap in the back of my leg just below the knee. I walked home, thinking what on earth! It doesn't hurt, more like a dull ache.

I had a rest day then went out for a gentle few miles this morning. Long warm up and it didn't hurt as such, just felt odd, like I would if I'd been kicked.

Any ideas what this could have been? Is it a warning that I'm doing something wrong?
Dec 2011
7:14pm, 22 Dec 2011
15,593 posts
  •  
swittlebelonelythischristmas
No expert, me, but if you've run on it today, I'd say there's no serious damage. You might throw in another rest day too. Check the calf stretching you do. Hope you're OK :)
TT
Dec 2011
8:53pm, 22 Dec 2011
152 posts
  •  
TT
Thanks Swittle! Think that's what I'll do. I think my stretching has been a bit slap-dash. Can't hurt to get a proper systematic routine in place.
To be honest I'm more curious than anything, never heard of anything going pop before.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Totoro
Odd popping at back of knee. Is this my first running injury?