Buddy v Follow

10 watchers
CK2
Sep 2019
6:45am, 12 Sep 2019
279 posts
  •  
CK2
Thanks Gus. Strangely he doesn’t have that “follow” button in your screenshot. Looks like I can’t follow him 😢
Sep 2019
3:21pm, 12 Sep 2019
22,725 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
CK2 - Some users have turned off the ability to be followed.

Everyone - to reiterate, buddying someone is about giving them more rights to see YOUR stuff. Following them is about showing an interest in THEIR stuff. I know it’s all a bit of a mish-mash, but it’s what happens with code that develops organically over 15 years :-)

Been thinking about some of the comments - and I reckon you might all like the option to put someone on your follow list but without getting a notification for each training entry. It also ties in nicely with the idea of following someone’s blogs whilst not necessarily being interested in their training. Two very similar bits of functionality that I’m trying to knit together under the same roof. I’ve got this :-) But I hope you trusted me on that anyway, right?

I’ll see if I can sort that out this coming week. Currently parked in a B&Q on the Isle of Wight whilst Katie attends an appointment with her dad.
Sep 2019
3:42pm, 12 Sep 2019
1,044 posts
  •  
old mum
Is there any way to remove a ‘buddy’ after they have added you to their buddy profile?
Sep 2019
3:49pm, 12 Sep 2019
22,726 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
If someone buddies you, it just means that they’ve shared more of their own profile with you. It doesn’t mean they get to see more information about you.

If you have any concerns, or spotted any bugs in the system (I’m sure there are a few), then please send me a feedback with details.
Sep 2019
3:53pm, 12 Sep 2019
22,727 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
If you want to make yourself unfollowable, you can currently find this in your training log. You click the settings button, then look for Share Settings. This should all probably get moved to settings pages in your user profiles - another simplification for my list :-)
Sep 2019
4:24pm, 12 Sep 2019
1,687 posts
  •  
Oranj
Not such a fan of the new layout either. I liked seeing now much mileage everyone I was buddy with was doing, and the little bar charts, without getting notifications of all their training through the 'follow' function.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
The People page used to show all your Buddies, but it's changed today ( I think ) and now only ...