Blogging

2 watchers
Mar 2016
7:11pm, 29 Mar 2016
752 posts
  •  
BlastItBob
I've been thinking about writing a blog for a number of months now and I was wondering what tools/sites other people use
I know that there is the facility on here to write a blog but it probably won't end up being about running though I'm sure that there willbe some overlap
Also any other guidance greatly appreciated
Mar 2016
7:45pm, 29 Mar 2016
17,128 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
No problem with you blogging about any subject on Fetch (within reason) :-)
Mar 2016
8:06pm, 29 Mar 2016
7,444 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
Indeed, what Fetch says ^^^^^^.

Very few of my blogs are about running and I've been blogging daily since the first of January 2015.
Mar 2016
8:24pm, 29 Mar 2016
9,221 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
The advantage of blogging on Fetch is you easily get a ready-made audience. The chance of being read must be way higher than just starting some unknown blog that nobody will ever find. I blog some proper shite sometimes and always get some views.

Blog here, BIB. If you don't we'll say you've got "notions".
Mar 2016
9:01pm, 29 Mar 2016
20,637 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Blog on here and make sure your title is a double entendre even if its about a new pair of trainers ;-)

Alternatively I like tumblr for pics and Blogger for mixed words / visual content nerd
Mar 2016
11:45am, 30 Mar 2016
9,224 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
"Big cock" accompanied by a pic of a rooster being one of the classics.
Mar 2016
11:46am, 30 Mar 2016
9,225 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Where "classics" equals "things people have done".
Mar 2016
9:52am, 31 Mar 2016
755 posts
  •  
BlastItBob
Well if I get a response from Lord Fetch himself I'd better follow his instructions!!
Mar 2016
10:02am, 31 Mar 2016
5,333 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Don't call him Lord though......
Mar 2016
2:06pm, 31 Mar 2016
7,141 posts
  •  
Badger
I use blogger.com for things which target non-Fetchies, mainly walking trips where I want to share info with other people on the trip, and some software stuff; there are things like MathJax which let you post mathematical notation which blogger.com can support but FE doesn't AFAIK, which are useful for that. My FE posts average about 60 views and 6 comments; most of the posts on the other blog average about 50 views and about a third of a comment. I've deliberately publicised everything there by emailing the link to fellow walkers, and for some of them posting links on forums, there's a link on my profile, and I occasionally link to it from my blog here. And it still isn't getting significantly more views. (There is one which has over 2,500 views, but it's a Useful Resource (if you happen to own a Fenix 3)).

There are 9 posts and one half-written on the other one, and no idea other than 'lots' on here.

So all that to say, just go for it here, and maybe think about expanding elsewhere if there are people who would read it but who won't sign up to Fetch to do so.

About This Thread

Maintained by BlastItBob
I've been thinking about writing a blog for a number of months now and I was wondering what tools/s...