Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Bike Locks

5 watchers
Aug 2012
3:26pm, 19 Aug 2012
638 posts
icklevee
I dare not leave my bike anywhere. The only reason i am looking for a Sold Secure Gold or Silver rated is if I have to park it somewhere thats out of site while using a cafe's facilities. Otherwise I park bike next to me wherever I stop.
Aug 2012
8:38pm, 19 Aug 2012
996 posts
Lisa T
I'm lucky enough to have a cage to put mine in but still lock it up with silver rated d lock, cable through the front wheel & cable through the rear wheel. I can also regularly check it out of the window!!! There are obviously the experienced bike thieves out there & they'll get it if they want it however it's locked up but I guess it's about making it as secure as you can to put off the opportunist thieves.
Sep 2012
1:53pm, 11 Sep 2012
2813 posts
sallykate
Love the Hal video on the first page - some good advice there, thanks for posting!
Sep 2012
2:21pm, 11 Sep 2012
2077 posts
tom_craggs
Small D locks - a couple fo them Mew York minis are a good option. Don't rely 100% on it though. I'd new lock my decent bike out and about, only my fixie - if it goes it goes. I have had two stolen in London, both with decent locks on.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by LizzieBean
So I've got my new road bike to start doing Tri's but I also want to cycle it to work.

Any sug...

Close