Asics v Brooks

1 watcher
Jan 2018
3:56am, 6 Jan 2018
198 posts
  •  
Brandon
Aye up.
I've worn Asics for years, currently GT2000, and a physio recently said they were fine but Brooks last a lot last longer.
Interested to know if anyone has experience good or bad with Brooks road runners?

Thanks
Jan 2018
7:08am, 6 Jan 2018
2,021 posts
  •  
Dillthedog57
I would recommend that you get the best shoes for you, and that how long they last for should be one of the lesser concerns. Go to a good running shop for a gait analysis and try on different makes. But if you have worn Asics for a while, with no issues, I would probably stick with them.
Jan 2018
8:08am, 6 Jan 2018
260 posts
  •  
Darting
I had always used Asics and was concerned about changing shoes. I finally settled on Mizuno Wave 20 and they are an improvement on the Asics 2000.

I have to agree with Dillthedog about getting tested but if you find a suitable pair in a shop check on line as Sportsshoes.com or Millet sports will be cheaper!!
Jan 2018
11:20am, 6 Jan 2018
2,749 posts
  •  
decorum
IF you've worn Asics for years and they aren't a/the root cause for the reason you're seeing a physio ... ;-)

It might be that the physio wears Brooks and finds them fantastic. But what suits one can be a dire choice for another ~ The pair of Asics I had shred my feet from the first to the last run, and I'll probably not get another pair. That doesn't lessen your favouring of them, it just means we're all built differently :-)
Jan 2018
10:24pm, 6 Jan 2018
199 posts
  •  
Brandon
Thanks.
I've no issue with the Asics apart from the current pair seeming to wear and go flat quite quickly.
(Reason for physiology not related)
I'll get a gait analysis done as I think there's so many shoes out there and I could be in a more suitable shoe. If it turns out to be Asics, no problem.
Thanks again.
Jan 2018
11:09am, 7 Jan 2018
8,731 posts
  •  
Ness
I think this shows that everyone is different. I wore Asics when I first started running. I got a lot of discomfort in my ankles with them. Have switched to Brooks Pureflow and they suit me. Despite what I’ve read about them being a shoe that wears quickly, I’ve got 600+ miles out of one of the pairs I’m currently using.

I tend to find having a couple of pairs and switching between them helps.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Brandon
Aye up.
I've worn Asics for years, currently GT2000, and a physio recently said they were fine...