Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Brooks purecadence shoes

5 watchers
May 2020
10:05am, 4 May 2020
344 posts
stilldreaming
I love my purecadence shoes and have had many pairs, but now they've been discontinued (and despite trawling the internet, I can't get any more) I'd love to know of Fetchies' thoughts on a similar replacement shoe?
May 2020
11:08am, 4 May 2020
44785 posts
runnerbean
I couldn’t find anything close to those so I switched to Nike lunarglide and they discontinued those.

Currently running in the Nike react odyssey. A 10mm drop but the support seems pretty much the same.
May 2020
9:36pm, 4 May 2020
11408 posts
Ness
I wear Brooks Pureflow 7. Don’t know if they are similar to the ones you used to buy...

brooksrunning.com
May 2020
9:39am, 5 May 2020
346 posts
stilldreaming
Thanks for your comments. It's my own fault ... I stocked up on all the pairs I could get while they were still available and now they're not, I'm panicking! I wonder how many miles you can get out of one pair of shoes? The Pureflow look like they could be a good alternative Ness, thanks. I'll have a look at those :-)
May 2020
10:05am, 5 May 2020
4583 posts
Windsor Wool
SD - I've had a couple of pairs of Cadence, only ever bought the original versions and believe it or not I still have one pair on the go! I bought them in 2012 and went off them for a long time believing that I needed a stability shoe (nonsense). I'm back in them now though - they've about 600 miles on them, are very shiny on the bottom, have a hole in the upper, but are still so comfortable.

Sorry, none of that is helpful. I normally run in shoes until they are unserviceable. Can be between 300 - 1000 miles depending on the manufacturer (Saucony last 5 mins for me, adidas last forever!).

At the moment I'm favouring Hoka Clifton 6s and Nike Pegasus Turbo as day-to-day shoes. I'd say both give that luxury feeling of the old Cadence.

In my experience the Adrenaline GTS was nothing like as nice as a Cadence but I did find this on the Brooks website:

Since 2019 the PureCadence is no longer part of our footwear line. While it was a loved shoe, we see many runners choosing the PureFlow 7 for a Connect experience or gravitating toward support options in other experiences like the Ravenna or Adrenaline GTS. As we look ahead to the future of the Connect experience, we’re taking into account those that ran in and loved the Pure Cadence so we can offer flexible, lightweight options for all. Runners looking for a replacement shoe can try the Asteria in the Speed experience or an Energize shoe like the Ravenna
May 2020
11:59am, 5 May 2020
44795 posts
runnerbean
The cadence is a mild support shoe whereas the flow is a neutral shoe.

The adrenaline are a moderate support shoe.

What about Brooks Ravenna or ASICS 1000 or lighter ds trainer ? They are all mild support.

My cadence lasted ages. I only binned then when they fell apart.
May 2020
9:19pm, 6 May 2020
11421 posts
Ness
RB knows more about shoes than me. I have in the past just gone to a running shoe website and bought the cheapest neutral shoes I can get! 😜 I tried out the Pureflow a few years ago and found they worked for me, so much so I’ve recently paid full price!

I can easily get 500+ miles out of a pair of these.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by stilldreaming
I love my purecadence shoes and have had many pairs, but now they've been discontinued (and des...