10:18am, 18 Jan 2021
Northern ExileDebbs, I understand completely and you have my sympathy. I went through a prolonged period where I ran with severe pain and I did everything I could to manage it. I did attempt to use some mind games to "put the pain on a lower floor" and to some extent this was successful, it's just really exhausting and if you're already using your energies to stay upright and moving forward, it can be too much. Worth looking at mental coping strategies though, I thought it was better than drugging myself with codeine every time I went for a run.
About This Thread
Maintained by Debbs
- Psoriatic or Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Arthritis and running, what's the chat?
- Arthritis chat.
- Sulfasalazine tablets and running
- Arthritis on toes
- Hallux Rigidus
- 'The importance of physical activity in rheumatoid arthritis'.
- Progressive rheumatoid arthritis
- Digitus Rigidus - Stiff big toe, anyone else have this?
- Arthritic knee