Sulfasalazine tablets and running

2 watchers
Sep 2018
11:55am, 11 Sep 2018
284 posts
  •  
Plodder54
I've been suffering with a arthritic condition(Polymyalgia Rhumatica) for three years , and due to spikes in my pain issues my running has been very hit and miss during that time. I have been taking Sulfasalazine tablets for three months and over the past three weeks I'm feeling a lot better and I'm considering on reserecting my running, does anyone else on this site take them and if so are there any side effects, I'm also taking Methatrexate and Predisolone tablets
Sep 2018
12:32pm, 11 Sep 2018
41,211 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
It might be worth while taking a look at Northern Exile's blogs. He has documented his experience with all three of the medications you mention (I believe) really well.

FWIW, my son (who is 23) is also on the same medications as you and has been for several years now. Finding the right treatment for him has taken a while but he now seems settled and happiest on a weekly injection.

He doesn't run a massive amount but is comfortable doing so.
Sep 2018
12:53pm, 11 Sep 2018
285 posts
  •  
Plodder54
Bintmcskin,many thanks for your reply 👍
Sep 2018
3:11pm, 11 Sep 2018
4,767 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Plodder 54 - I have received your message and will reply.

Just to clarify though - do you have RA or PMR? I was first diagnosed with PMR and of course it's a vascular condition that is different to RA, eventually it was discounted. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that methotrexate or sulfasalazine is an appropriate treatment for PMR? Anyhow, I'll respond where I can.
Sep 2018
5:03pm, 11 Sep 2018
286 posts
  •  
Plodder54
Northern Exile - Many thanks for your reply, I have read your message and replied. I do have PMR , and totally agree with your comments on Methetrexate & Sulfasalazine.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I've been suffering with a arthritic condition(Polymyalgia Rhumatica) for three years , and due...