•  
XB
Can I uncross my fingers yet?
Feb 2016
5:40pm, 17 Feb 2016
9,515 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Thanks for all the advice everyone! Much appreciated :)

It was still pretty terrifying though, mainly because it would be a complete career change for me and I had to explain how I could transfer my skills across to that job.

Seems I got the interview purely on the strength of my covering letter and the fact that I'm an ultra runner (for now :( )

He seemed impressed and wants to organise a face to face interview - unfortunately I can't make the ones he is doing on Friday, but at least I've given myself a chance.

The job sounds really interesting, but you know what, if I don't get it I won't be upset because if they don't think that I'm the right fit for the job then that's ok. It's not like I think I'm 'perfect' for the job, and if they don't give it to me then they're crazy, it'll just be that any skills I might have may not be transferable - and I've promised myself a trip to Spain to study Spanish if don't get it :-p
Feb 2016
7:25pm, 17 Feb 2016
22,765 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Sorry i missd this and couldn't wish you luck hope it all goes well. and for the next interview whenever it is
Feb 2016
7:43pm, 17 Feb 2016
9,516 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Proper interview on Saturday, they have already been in touch to confirm:)
Feb 2016
7:46pm, 17 Feb 2016
22,769 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Oh good

W'll be all behind you. Sounds great
Feb 2016
9:35pm, 17 Feb 2016
3,146 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Well done and good luck for Saturday!

(Ps. You are an ultra runner and always will be, what happens in the next 6 months won't change your running history X)
Feb 2016
9:43pm, 17 Feb 2016
8,002 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Good luck for Saturday luck
Feb 2016
10:04pm, 17 Feb 2016
5,142 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
They wouldn't be asking you in - especially on a Saturday - if they thought you were just making up the numbers... good luck

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
Interview arranged for 4.30 this afternoon! Any advice or tips for this kind of interview?

Many t...