•  
2 Flat Feet
I've noticed my transfers from my Garmin are getting slower - and on the left
Sep 2013
2:01pm, 22 Sep 2013
44 posts
  •  
Naffito
I can't offer any advice, however I am stuggling to upload my runs v's my husbands. he has a 310xt and i have a 610 and our ant sticks will choose which one it wants to upload and just will not do the other persons. frustrating!
they are also very slow when they do upload
Sep 2013
2:11pm, 22 Sep 2013
278 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
The ANT stick is only used to transfer the data onto your computer's hard drive, once there it auto uploads to Garmin Connect. Once that is done, you can then load to fetch, and for that you can take out your ANT stick and switch your watch off, as Fetch uses the data on your hard drive.

To speed things up, clear out a lot of the data from your hard drive, as if you have months worth it is checking it all every time.

The data is stored at the following location ( Windows 7, may vary slightly for other versions of Windows, and no idea for Mac ) - C : \users\<username>\appdata\roaming\Garmin\devices\<device-name>\activities\

You will then see a list of activities, named by date - delete most ( assuming they are already loaded to where you want them ) just leave the last few days, say, and you should find it goes lots quicker

Hope that helps
Sep 2013
2:13pm, 22 Sep 2013
279 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
aargh - fetch doesn't like the use of pointy brackets that I used, path drive should be :-
C : \users\username\appdata\roaming\Garmin\devices\device name\activities
Sep 2013
2:27pm, 22 Sep 2013
1,023 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Also - do try just unplugging & plugging the stick back in. On linux I occaisionly see debug messages requesting a reset which is fixed like this.
Sep 2013
2:27pm, 22 Sep 2013
581 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
^^What Gus said.
I find it slows to a crawl once it has about 50 entries - don't forget the fetch loads all the data, then seperates out the newest..
On Mac it's in the 'users/username/Library/App Support/Garmin/randomnumbercorrespondingtoyourgarmin' folder, which is now helpfully hidden from you by default...
Sep 2013
5:14pm, 22 Sep 2013
3,884 posts
  •  
2 Flat Feet
I've done the unplug thing to no avail and can't see the Mac hidden folders you mention :-(
Sep 2013
5:38pm, 22 Sep 2013
7,365 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
This has never happened to me and I have never cleared this file.... but I do have my garmin set to delete training after uplaod.
Sep 2013
11:48am, 28 Sep 2013
423 posts
  •  
Mouseytongue
Can't find the hidden cache of TCX files either, mblnFERCr. Fetch tells me there are almost 200 files available, so no wonder it is getting bogged down and crashing. My watch (FR610) is set to delete files after upload, but there are still files which are stored and I delete manually every so often - but nowhere near the number of files fetch can see. Sorry for the ramble, but any help to sort this problem would be appreciated. Using OSX.7.5

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I've noticed my transfers from my Garmin are getting slower - and on the left