All-Time Leaderboards

2 watchers
Feb 2015
1:19pm, 10 Feb 2015
15,700 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Ey up,

The majority of race listings now have a link to see an "All-Time Leaderboard" - e.g. here's Bath Half Marathon:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/race-leaderboard.php?id=102294

More details in my blog. Hope you like it :-)
Feb 2015
1:26pm, 10 Feb 2015
2,218 posts
  •  
Nelly
Looks nice Fetch.

I presume the intention was for the list of yearly Fastest Male and Female (lhs of page) to hyperlink to their profile, as per the whole list (rhs of page), rather than our own profile?

Also, I think the female ranking coding may (understandably) be falling down where a user has no gender? (e.g. kt_m_white has fastest female performance for Greater Manchester Marathon but is only ranked 2nd on rhs of http://www.fetcheveryone.com/race-leaderboard.php?id=104840 due to bardrunnerone1 being genderless)
Feb 2015
1:52pm, 10 Feb 2015
15,701 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Excellent bug reporting, thank you :-) Sorted.
Feb 2015
2:10pm, 10 Feb 2015
1,044 posts
  •  
EarlyRiser
Like it. Looked up some old races of mine and couldn't find where to click at first.

Right in front of me! Thought it was some kind of ad. Doh. My brain on autopilot shuts those bits of the site out so it doesn't register first time. Now I know. :)

For those like me, it's on the right-hand side below the bit where other years are listed.
Feb 2015
2:25pm, 10 Feb 2015
9,757 posts
  •  
Dvorak
This is great - I'm top of a leaderboard :-) Admittedly for a race which no other Fetchie has ever recorded a time for, bit I'll take it!

I like the fact that you have avoided gender stereotyping by making the male times pink.
Feb 2015
2:25pm, 10 Feb 2015
15,703 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Hell yeah :-)
Feb 2015
2:32pm, 10 Feb 2015
9,758 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Ah, you said that in your blog as well :-)
Feb 2015
2:34pm, 10 Feb 2015
5,564 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I am too Dvorak (same reason!! but who cares ;))
Feb 2015
2:45pm, 10 Feb 2015
209 posts
  •  
MartinCunningham
It's a very useful additional analysis tool because you can easily see at a glance what a target time could be for a race that is coming up. However it would be handy if you could filter or at least sort on the age cats so that you are looking at just those who are M50 for example

Also I notice that WAVA is not always reliable where the race is off-road or XC and the distance given is not necessarily the distance run from year to year and yet the prior event has been copied to create the event entry.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Ey up,

The majority of race listings now have a link to see an "All-Time Leaderboard" - e.g. he...