A running shoes question. . .

2 watchers
MPG
Sep 2012
12:52pm, 10 Sep 2012
175 posts
  •  
MPG
I have recently purchased a pair of K-Swiss Max-Blade Stable. I normally run in Brooks Adrenalin 12's. I ran in the K-Swiss shoes at the weekend (a rather hilly 7 miles) and although I didn't and haven't felt any real discomfort or any pain, it did feel like the ball of my foot was moving towards the inner edge of the shoe. For this reason I wouldn't be confident running in them for a longer run. The shoes are described as suitable for mild overpronators so I believe the basic core of the shoe is ok for me. I was wondering if a different insert would solve the issue I have or whether the feeling I'm getting is not a bad feeling just a different one. If anyone has an opinion or a definite answer then I would be grateful to hear from them. I got them to use as a back up/second pair. If I can't solve this quandary then I suppose I'll just have to keep these bright red shoes just for show. Please let me know if my first jump into the world of loud coloured running gear has finished before it even started. ;0)
Thanks! MG.
Sep 2012
11:36pm, 21 Sep 2012
5,658 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Maybe the shoes are just a lttle wide and you were scuffing your feet just a bit on the hills? If so: keep them for the flat, or; buy thicker socks eg Thorlos to fill out the space.
Sep 2012
6:29am, 22 Sep 2012
772 posts
  •  
DH78
I agree with Dvorak, try some different thicker socks I can't use 1000 mile socks with my saucony's for the same reason, my feet slide around too much inside my shoes. Changed to thick Hilly socks and all is well, my brooks adrenaline however are fine with all socks.
Sep 2012
6:34am, 22 Sep 2012
262 posts
  •  
Ninky Nonk
Do the laces up tighter. Your foot won't move around then.
Sep 2012
8:46am, 22 Sep 2012
18,041 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Or leave everything loose and don't worry about movement?! Not trying to be contoversial, but I've run in so many different shoe

over last few years and even those that feel different turn out ok in end. I'm cheap, so if I bought shoes then I tend to persist with them! I've got a pair I got from a mate for 20 quid - K-Swiss coincidentally - they gave me a blister that bled, on top of foot. Ran them with no socks and some zinc oxide tape inside and blister toughened up eventually. Now they're my mara shoes. Try them for a few weeks, diff socks, surfaces n so on, before you decide if they're unwearable? Yes, I'm from Aberdeen! :-)G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by MPG
I have recently purchased a pair of K-Swiss Max-Blade Stable. I normally run in Brooks Adrenalin 12...