Kit Investment

4 watchers
Feb 2020
8:21pm, 26 Feb 2020
15,177 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I am trying very hard to sit on my hands and not buy the ladies version of one of these:

alpkit.com

I have a lovely Inov-8 like Sharkie's, which is lovely to run in and the wored hood works really well - but it's a bit small for me at the moment
Feb 2020
8:44pm, 26 Feb 2020
22,312 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
For cheap end, Mountain Warehouse zips always break for me, but I heart Decathlon esp as they do large sizes.
Feb 2020
10:34pm, 26 Feb 2020
672 posts
  •  
Superjools
Thanks for the input everyone.

I ordered a shakedry but the shape was all wrong for me.. Incredible how light it was though! That's being returned.

After the suggestions of the other waterproof (pertex) I have ordered (and absolutely love) a Montane Minimus. There's plenty of room underneath for a base layer or two, the hood has a wire and tucks away into itself, all the pockets are watertight and it's a nice colour. I'm not a speed demon so although a bit heavier it's fine.

I can't vouch for its complete waterproofness as, typically, it hasn't rained on a running shift since I bloody received it! It's comfortable though so fingers crossed!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Superjools
I've squirreled a few quid away to buy a waterproof running jacket (bit late given what we&apos...