Minimalist Footwear Thread

1 lurker | 101 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
12 May
8:49pm, 12 May 2018
17568 posts
flanker
SSLHP - are you sure you're not mixing up your f-lites? I used to love the original 195s, and recently started in a v2. While they are different, the sole is still the same black nobbly one as all old f-lites. They're the only current f-lites that's don't have the new blown rubber sole (which I think is hard and unresponsive, but I thought the same about the Road X, so that might just be me :-)).

The v2 are narrower than the v1 (while both are performance fit, the old are a '2' last while these are the narrower '1'-). They feel a very different shape to me, and don't fit my foot as well.
12 May
8:52pm, 12 May 2018
17569 posts
flanker
Also worth noting that inov-8 have re-released the original 195 as the 195 classic. (and it's cheaper than the v2)
13 May
5:35pm, 13 May 2018
366 posts
SSLHP (Shoes smell like horse piss)
flanker. Ah. Yes. I'm comparing the original F-lite 195 Standard fit with the F-lite 235v2 Standard fit. Sorry.

Unfortunately, Inov-8 decided not to offer Standard fit in the F-lite 195v2

The 235v2 feel a bit stiffer and 'plasticy' around the heel/ankle when you put them on but when running in them they feel better and similar to the Road X 233s

Inov-8 really need to sort out their road shoes. the Roadtalon 240 is a weird straight shape and the Roadtalon 275 is just too much drop and cush.
13 May
5:52pm, 13 May 2018
1784 posts
FurryH
Thanks all, I tend to trawl sportshoes.com for bargins but have now located the classic on inov8 website and news to me they now sell direct. Will have to see how generous family are this year. :-)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

A place where all efficient schools of running can come together and discussing minimalist footwear.