Minimalist Footwear Thread

1 lurker | 99 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
15 Feb
12:24pm, 15 Feb 2018
315 posts
SSLHP (Shoes smell like horse piss)
Just been for a 9 mile run in my favourite shoes of all time -Inov-8 Road X 233 (still got another pair in stock :-))
15 Feb
1:26pm, 15 Feb 2018
8267 posts
geordiegirl
I’ve recently returned a couple of things to amazon and they’ve been no problem at all.

They send a label and I take back to the post office. The minute it’s recorded at the post office the refund is applied.

Not being able to try on different shoes is not ideal but so few shops stock minimal shoes it’s alnost impossible to find them. I asked in a recommended running shop about vibrams and got a torrent of why minimal is wrong. Needless to say I don’t buy any running kit there now.
15 Feb
1:46pm, 15 Feb 2018
29282 posts
Hendo
Agree re the X233. Oh how I miss them.
SPR
15 Feb
10:42pm, 15 Feb 2018
25492 posts
SPR
I found the Bare Access had too much arch as well.
17 Feb
11:41am, 17 Feb 2018
706 posts
loki
SSLHP - I had the arch problem with the Merrell trail gloves a few years back but don't notice it in the vapor gloves.

Initial thoughts on the Saucony Type A8s, after one run without the insoles: nicely light, sole feels a bit thick but is firm, uppers are very flexible but had to play around with the laces to stop them squashing my midfoot. Think they might still be a bit too pointy at the toes, but will see if sorting out the lacing helps, and will try them in thinner socks too (wearing Thorlos for most of my runs while it's cold). Fabric under the insoles seems particularly rough, might cause friction problems in the summer.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

A place where all efficient schools of running can come together and discussing minimalist footwear.