Minimalist Footwear Thread

0 lurkers | 100 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
7 Aug
5:31pm, 7 Aug 2018
373 posts
SSLHP (Shoes smell like horse piss)
I feel that in the last 4-5 years, Inov-8 have created too many different shoes only to discontinue them 12 months later. It's usually the ones I really like too!
7 Aug
6:08pm, 7 Aug 2018
1094 posts
flyingfinn
I think that's a very common feeling SSLHP and symptomatic of what's driving the company. They want us all to constantly update our shoes to the latest model/colour pattern, all most of us want is to be able to keep buying a shoe that we've found that works. Sadly about the only company that bucks that trend is Walsh but their shoes are rather like marmite. You either love them or their last doesn't suit your foot and they rip your heels to pieces. :-/

The only tactic that I can suggest to counter it is that when you find last years mode/colour that you really like well discounted somewhere you stock up with several pairs and put them away until you need them. I did at one point have half a dozen pairs of x-talon 212s boxed up in the cupboard after finding them in my size at around 40% of the RRP. :-)
7 Aug
10:24pm, 7 Aug 2018
374 posts
flyingfinn

Yep, that's exactly what I do. I still have a pair of Road X 233s and F-lite 232s boxed up in a cupboard :-)
7 Aug
11:52pm, 7 Aug 2018
17751 posts
flanker
There's a reason we have about 50 pairs in various stages of use between us.
8 Aug
8:08am, 8 Aug 2018
375 posts
I want Inov-8 to make a road shoe out of the Trailtalon 235, with around 14/15 total stack height

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

A place where all efficient schools of running can come together and discussing minimalist footwear.

Close