Which Hydration bladder for an OMM Last Drop 10?

3 watchers
Feb 2013
6:38am, 7 Feb 2013
196 posts
  •  
buzby123
I'm new to rucksack running but feeling like I need to wear one for impending hill marathon. I own an OMM Last Drop 10, its compact an comfortable. I've been running with it on the hills to get used to it but one bug bear is trying to get water bottles out of the side pockets is impossible whilst the pack is on your back and I don't feel like I am drinking enough. So, thinking of a hydration bladder but can't seem to get answers off the internet as to how universal these hydration packs are, what will fit the OMM etc etc.

I am also wondering whether to get the waistpack which fits on the belt buckle of the Last Drop for my sweets, tissues etc. The bulk of things in the main pack will be hopefully don't needs like extra layers, waterproof, map instructions etc etc. I find it a faff to get the rucksack on and off and would prefer everything to hand on the day but with comfort I have everything I need just in case.
Feb 2013
8:51pm, 24 Feb 2013
First-time poster!!
  •  
Running sim
Try the Source Widepac 2l bladder. I find it fits the OMM Lastdrop really well.
Feb 2013
9:21am, 25 Feb 2013
204 posts
  •  
buzby123
Thank you, I ordered the 2l ordinary one and am very unhappy with it. At the same time my husband ordered a 1.5l widepac for his unamed backpack and it fits mine perfectly. Going to go for the widepac and return the other one, I think 1.5l should be large enough for my needs too.
Mar 2013
5:02pm, 26 Mar 2013
12,727 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
I bought a 2l bladder from decathlon and it fits fine and in the past I've also used a camelback one as well
Sep 2021
9:28pm, 14 Sep 2021
143 posts
  •  
Sampson
Well, following my blog post today, and given that I own the same backpack, I am happy to stumble across this thread! Any further advice would be gratefully received.
Sep 2021
9:32pm, 14 Sep 2021
15,377 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I've got a 2L Camelbak that fits in it no problem.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by buzby123
I'm new to rucksack running but feeling like I need to wear one for impending hill marathon. I own...