Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

which Garmin for running and are there any promotions on atm?

2 watchers
May 2014
9:07pm, 31 May 2014
14 posts
Paulina
Hi
I am readu to buy my first Garmin. I run mainly but cycle too. Which Garmin should I buy? Thanks
Jun 2014
11:06pm, 3 Jun 2014
3212 posts
CStar
I use a Garmin watch on my bike rides matched to the cadence sensor. You'd look a bit daft running with a bike Garmin in your hand!

Really it depends on what you want it for/to do. I would start with something cheap and cheerful. Like all businesses Garmin want to bring out new models each year with more bells and whistles that you'll never use, which is why there are plenty on here still running with 205's, 305's 405's etc anything up to 6/7 yrs old. You don't need to spend£100's. Try ebay for an older model and see how you get on.
Jun 2014
11:21pm, 3 Jun 2014
1149 posts
Longwayround
The 310XT is available for a little over £100. It's waterproof (handy if you fancy a swim) or just happen to live in Cumbria. It works reliably and allows you to download training plans onto it. On the downside, it needs a dongle to sync with a computer and is quite bulky.

My wife has a 305. It's almost identical to the 310XT except that it isn't waterproof and needs a USB cable and a small cradle to sync with a computer.

I know people who have the 620 which looks lovely, is compact and syncs over wi-fi. It still costs a heck of a lot though, in my opinion. What's your budget?

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi
I am readu to buy my first Garmin. I run mainly but cycle too. Which Garmin should I buy? Thanks