What or who do you love but everybody else seems to hate?

14 watchers
Sep 2022
10:48am, 5 Sep 2022
72,520 posts
  •  
Diogenes
No, that would be silly. :-) Got to love a game with a bit of an edge to it.
Sep 2022
10:55am, 5 Sep 2022
43,669 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
[I just don't really enjoy watching football. So can't really comment. And I like rugby. I don't hate very much which is why I thought this thread would be better for me! :-) G ]
Mar 2023
4:33pm, 6 Mar 2023
45,809 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
A movie I've seen before. Sometimes dozens of times. (My wife can't stand it!)

There's a certain comfort in a film that I know I love. And if I want to stop after 1 hour I can watch second half the next day. I watched The Martian on broadcast TV a few days ago, from 1 hour in (because I knew where we were) to the finish and loved that. Then watched the first half on demand the next day from start to the 1 hour point! :-O

See also TV series that I've seen every episode of, multiple times. Big Bang, Red Dwarf

Or maybe I'm just weird! :-) G
Mar 2023
5:38pm, 6 Mar 2023
10,194 posts
  •  
Raemond
I'm with you on that one - comfort viewing of something tot know you like and that won't contain any unexpected sadness or nastiness has apparently been on the up since the start of the pandemic.

It's no longer different to rereading a favourite, book, really.
Mar 2023
4:52pm, 7 Mar 2023
45,817 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Electric car.

I know not everyone hates them, but if I read the comments by random people who I don't know on ads or articles on social media, the people who hate EVs, *really really* hate them!

:-) G
Mar 2023
6:04pm, 7 Mar 2023
36,565 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
The stupid 'funny bits at the start and end 9f OC, an otherwise excellent watch.
Mar 2023
7:15pm, 7 Mar 2023
10,198 posts
  •  
Raemond
You may have the wrong thread Occers Spleeners.

I do genuinely love those bits, particularly the mega contrived Portiluendoes.
I love that VCM doesn't falter in delivering them despite the total lack of audience to provided an immediate reaction.
You only had to watch early lockdown attempts at the usual panel shows to see how lost most people get when you take that feedback away.
Mar 2023
3:54pm, 8 Mar 2023
36,578 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
I have done. I have taken to watching on iplayer to specifically zoom past them.
Mar 2023
7:28am, 10 Mar 2023
36,610 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
The Hundred

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Having 47 tabs open on your browser. Doesn't bother me in the slightest but my OH, daughter, s...