Two days running one day off.

1 watcher
Jan 2014
4:12pm, 25 Jan 2014
3,096 posts
  •  
fitzer
I have started training as above. I'm looking to do a marathon in September, Are there any good plans out there with two running days and then a rest day?
Jan 2014
4:53pm, 25 Jan 2014
8,198 posts
  •  
Dvorak
None I've seen, nearly all work on the "seven-day week" (as I'm sure you noticed :-)) and assume a M-F working week at that. I'm sure there must be a demand for something else - maybe you will have to be the one to fulfil it.

Any particular reason? Do you reckon this would be best for your recoveries?

How are you doing anyway; pemanently in Slovenia?
Jan 2014
5:12pm, 25 Jan 2014
3,097 posts
  •  
fitzer
I'm good Dvorak.

Yes I'm here for good, Got a job in the local school and things are going well. The snow arrived yesterday so time to get the snowshoes out.

Yeah just looking to get rest days in, but not sure how to build up the mileage.

I might just have to go for the classic 7 day week.
Jan 2014
7:54pm, 25 Jan 2014
664 posts
  •  
Fitz
Could you not just adapt any 7-day plan? You would run on 14 of every 21 days, so just adjust the days in each 3-week segment so that you run / rest on the days that suit you? That would work, as long as your training plan is a multiple of 3 weeks!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fitzer
I have started training as above. I'm looking to do a marathon in September, Are there any good pla...