Could you peek in here and comment on the last few weeks on my mara plan pretty please?

1 watcher
Feb 2014
2:09pm, 12 Feb 2014
4,295 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I just have a slight issue as to at what point I do my final long run, the distance and so on. I've entered the Surrey Half and also am away in Belgium shortly before the race so have planned the below thus far. However it means two "short" runs back to back, and a 19 miler three weeks out. As a newbie, I have no idea if the last long run should be further away that that, closer, or what. The first nine weeks of this plan have gone fairly well so don't want to muck it up now:

16th Fed - 17 miles
23rd Feb - 18 miles
2nd March - 13 mile
9th March - 13 mile (Surrey Half)
16th March - Cranleigh 15/21 (hoping to do 21!)
23rd March - 19 miles
30th March - 12 mile
6th April - 8 miles (actually the day before, as then leaving for Belgium in the pm)

Does that look about right? The miles are based on the Hal Higdon novice 2 plan. i have just swapped a couple of weeks around.

Good/bad/indifferent?
Feb 2014
2:11pm, 12 Feb 2014
4,296 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Should point out the race is London on the 13th April really :-)
Feb 2014
2:13pm, 12 Feb 2014
1,221 posts
  •  
monsenb1
Looks ok, just don't go crazy pace at the Surrey half..you need to recover for 2 subsequent tough weeks. What will your weekly mileage totals be?
Feb 2014
2:19pm, 12 Feb 2014
4,297 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I'm also doing (in theory) three other runs, a 4 mile, 5 mile and 8 mile. So around 17 miles plus whatever the long run is.

The last few weeks I have alternated the 5 miler on and off. Due to a few niggles.
Feb 2014
2:21pm, 12 Feb 2014
5,707 posts
  •  
Woffy
Three weeks out for the last real long run sounds about right to me, gives the body chance to recover before London. I have used HH myself and always found it good.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
I just have a slight issue as to at what point I do my final long run, the distance and so on. I've...